584,879 active members*
5,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > help tree journeyman 325

Question help tree journeyman 325

need help with journeyman 325 . just got it . know nothing about machine . got it powered up . controller screen comes up . will not respond to any keystrokes . would like to find manual for controller and machine . could someone help me get it running . cncbeginner

Tree Mill Start Up

Chip
    Check the Emergency Stop Buttons, one on the remote pendant and the one on the Control Panel. They require a slight rotation to come out and reset.

JRW

tree 325 problems

I have worked past the start up basic problems with help from parts and smarts and Dan the tree man , I have replaced pic board on dynapath 20 . I am having trouble putting in a basic program to make machine operate , can get to jog and align set points on axis , but can not get machine to allow spindle to operate . I understand I need to load a basic program but do not know how at this point . any help on how to get spindle to operate ? cnc beginner

Tree startup

Sorry I cannot help with Dynapath questions. My system is the Acramatic A2100 You should be able to import a simple G code program or enter one from the keyboard and have it run the machine without any problem.

M3 - spindle normal rotation
    S - speed RPM
    F- feed

JRW

are you seeing any fault error messages? First one will likely be axis have to be referenced.

Talking Journeyman 325

I 'm not sure where you stand at this point in time with this machine , but I have one and have had good luck with it . Having some issues with the aux board , lites up sometimes. Let me know where you stand on your issues and questions , I will try to help . Does this have a dynapath controller?

Tony
    A & M Machine
    Middletown DE

Dynapath control doesn't use G code programing. Its some odd off the wall Dynapath programing. At least the one at work is some odd ball code. Loading a program is in one of the the menu screens, on a softkey and the rs232 cord is NOT a null modem.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by justinsane91 View Post
    Dynapath control doesn't use G code programing. Its some odd off the wall Dynapath programing. At least the one at work is some odd ball code. Loading a program is in one of the the menu screens, on a softkey and the rs232 cord is NOT a null modem.

Hope that helps.
    a few years late to the game. But the Dynapath controllers run both G-Code as well as their own conversational code. A lot of times it seems some CAM programs will spit out the conversational code, which is probably what you are seeing at the machine at your work. Its odd, but once you under stand it, its not terrible. My CAM program runs G-code, so thats nice. Only tricky bit is when it comes to canned drilling cycles. The code used for peck distance and dwell for some of the drilling cycles is different than what standard G-Code runs from what I have seen. I have to manually edit drill cycles to put in the correct format for the machine, but its a minor issue IMO. I don't do a ton of peck drilling so it works out.