584,817 active members*
4,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Hardware > Laser CO2 Tubes, Diodes, RF and Power Supplies > RF Unit Power Supply Giving Correct Voltage But Laser tube is Weak !

RF Unit Power Supply Giving Correct Voltage But Laser tube is Weak !

Hi guys, i have an issue with my laser and any kind of help would be really really appreciated.I bought a used LaserPro explorer II and 1 week after the purchase the laser tube went weak, i tested the power supply with a power meter and the value given was 48v DC which is the correct value it is supposed to give. I concluded that the laser tube needs recharging and after doing some research i found evergreen and sent the laser to them. They said that the laser failed to give the full power after recharging and that it needs full refurbishing for 2000$+, i had no choice but to accept as i already paid big amounts for shipping. So they refurbished the laser and sent it back and when i installed it. It gave the exact symptoms as it was before, fails to fire at low power and it never gives its full power when firing at 100% power. I contacted evergreen and they said that it could be the power supply, i told them that the power supply is giving the correct voltage and they said even though it is giving the correct voltage it would be not working well. They said i should send the power supply again and this will cost a lot again !What do you guys think ? Is it possible it is a power supply thing even though the correct voltage is being given out of it ? What should i do ? Please help !?( The laser is a coherent deos gem 100w )

Re: RF Unit Power Supply Giving Correct Voltage But Laser tube is Weak !

Did you try to hook up a multimeter while it`s firing @ 100% power? maybe if it`s idle it`s 48VDC but @ load gets different readings.

Re: RF Unit Power Supply Giving Correct Voltage But Laser tube is Weak !

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Did you try to hook up a multimeter while it`s firing @ 100% power? maybe if it`s idle it`s 48VDC but @ load gets different readings.
    thanks KH0UJ for they reply,
    sounds like a good idea, i will try this today