584,837 active members*
4,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Black Screen Mother board

Black Screen Mother board

Does anyone know the source of this problem? The fault was presented after I replaced the CMOS battery of the motherboard 3-424-2283A01 ... I can enter the Bios and the hard drive is detected ... When the blue screen should appear before starting the windows shows The black screen and nothing happens ... I Install the HDD on another machine and it works perfectly

any ideas?

Re: Black Screen Mother board

Check the bios and determine the boot device. It can be USB , floppy, hard disk, cd/DVD and you can order them, make sure the hard disk is listed first, you probably lost this setting when the cmos battery died

Russ

I was already reviewing the Bios, but I'm not sure I configured it well, I've made several attempts without any success

See if you can do a screenshot of your bios page, if when you change the bios make sure you click the button to save your settings. If the hard drive boots on another system the boot sector must be there. Normally you can't take a Windows hard disk from one computer and get it to boot correctly on another motherboard due to their licensing restrictions but it should try and start up.

Russ

Which board are you referring to as a mother board?? Is it on the far right or on the far left board???

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Im referring on the far left board, Now Im sure the Bios setting is right, but the black screen still

Attached is a BIOS settings PDF. Not sure if these settings match your motherboard or not?

I configured the Bios based on the information I attached but the black screen persists

Attachment 371742

Is all your cabeling plugged into the right spot in the motherboard? Or is it all plugged in in General. Wondering if the HDD isnt plugged in or something?

What is the board part# on your work station board ( far left ). We need that number to give you the correct BIOS settings

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by megaman26 View Post
    Does anyone know the source of this problem? The fault was presented after I replaced the CMOS battery of the motherboard 3-424-2283A01 ... I can enter the Bios and the hard drive is detected ... When the blue screen should appear before starting the windows shows The black screen and nothing happens ... I Install the HDD on another machine and it works perfectly

any ideas?
    Did you ever resolve this issue?

I've been looking for the 2283A01 CMOS. it appears that Cincinnati won't support these any longer

There were a couple different BIOS used for that board number. Send me a PM with the board number and BIOS version and I should be able to get you the proper config for it.