584,812 active members*
5,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > Can I use a different controller with Plasmacam table?

Can I use a different controller with Plasmacam table?

I have a DHC that the controller went out on, have another post looking for replacement. Has anyone had any luck utilizing a different controller/software with the table?

Re: Can I use a different controller with Plasmacam table?

There is a You Tube video showing how to run the plasmaCam table without the controller box or the DesignEdge software. It is a matter of setting up (I believe) a Gecko or Arduino controller and using other software. It uses the same PlasmaCam motors etc., but you don't use the DesignEdge software that sells for $3,000.00 for Advanced Design, or the PlasmaCam controller box that now costs $3,000.00

Joe

would you please post the link to the youtube video?

I believe that plasmacam/gotorch was using servos which made the controller box somewhat more complicated and therefore not compatible with most other controllers that use stepper motors.

With servos, I think you would have more luck with LinuxCNC as there are a number of solutions to control servos and manage encoders and resolvers etc on that platform. YOu would be best off asking on the LinuxCNC forum but see if you can gather some specs and product numbers of the various hardware first.
    Rod Webster
    www.vehiclemods.net.au

there is a way to do it. i was in the same boat as you are. joe jones has helped me as well.through further research and 1,000's of hours on youtube, i found this guy on there that has, for a while, been making turnkey systems and also selling parts for diyers. compared to whats out there and numerous questions to this gentleman, he has opened up a new found respect for me in the cnc world. his youtube name is corvetteguy50 .
    here is a direct link to his ebay store. i am not an affiliate nor do i get any cut from giving this info. this is just pure appreciation to him for helping me.high light the entire link it should take you to his page site.
    also the programs i use now to run my samson510 is Mach3 and Sheetcam. and thats it!

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?eve...edealersdirect.