585,741 active members*
5,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Suggested materials to use for laser cutter's outer and interior walls or panels

Hybrid View

Suggested materials to use for laser cutter's outer and interior walls or panels

I'm building an 80W Co2 laser cutter bottom up from scratch. Actually It is nearly done and is operational right now, but it is still just an open aluminum extrusion framework. It needs an outer covering and interior walls for safety and air flow reasons of course. I really like the transparent look both for show and being able to see what is going on inside. I would love to just use clear acrylic sheets for every surface. Am I crazy if I do that? I don't see any homemade Lasers that are fully transparent online so maybe that means I am a genius or insane. :-) What materials do most people use for these panels on their builds? I am trying to avoid steel plates because I lack the tools to cut that. I'm hoping for more acrylics or woods etc. Looking forward to hearing your ideas! Thanks!

Here's a picture of it which I'm sure always helps. :-P

Re: Suggested materials to use for laser cutter's outer and interior walls or panels

Good idea.
    But acrylic cover is not complete safe for laser.