584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Question Laser Cutter for an Architectur office

Hello all,

I work in an architectur office and for a few time we have been wondering to buy a Laser cutter in order to be able to build faster and more precise architectur models.

Problem though is the amount of different manufacturers and models available, and also our budget. We are not looking for a 900x1200mm 100W machine that costs 50k. We are actually looking for a machine around 5-6-7000€, 500-600mm and able to cut cartons and wood up to 2-3mm. It should also be pretty easy to import vector files (dwg/dxf/pdf...) in order tu cut precisely.

I have found models like Full Spectrum Muze, Epilog Zing etc... But your forum has a good reputation and I thought hearing your opinion would be of great help.

Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day

Re: Laser Cutter for an Architectur office

Check out Boss Laser. They showed us a model built by a Architect firm that was very nice using either the LS-1416 or LS-1630 model (don't remember which one)

Thank you very much for your answer. I didn't know this enterprise. Do you know if they also sell in Europe?

I'll get in touch with them.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by T_and View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer. I didn't know this enterprise. Do you know if they also sell in Europe?

I'll get in touch with them.

Thanks a lot.
    Since this is a world wide forum it would really help if you posted your location. And its Architecture which is the correct spelling in the US and UK?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by T_and View Post
    I have found models like Full Spectrum Muze, Epilog Zing etc...
    If you find any Epilog that suits you, don`t hesitate. Epilog is one of the top machines. Not like cheap Full Spectrum, Boss, XYX, LightObject or other chineese grounded scraps.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    If you find any Epilog that suits you, don`t hesitate. Epilog is one of the top machines. Not like cheap Full Spectrum, Boss, XYX, LightObject or other chineese grounded scraps.
    Yes, an Epilog would be great if your budget allows for it. However good quality can be had with Chinese machines with a bit of research. I spent several months reading reviews, specs, and determined based on my budget the Boss Laser was the right choice for me. I liked the fact of having US based support (have called them once with great success), they inspect and calibrate each laser prior to shipping to the customer, and I got a great demo of the unit when I visited their main headquarters.
    I have a Boss Laser LS-1630 which is their low end industrial laser (100w). I'm still learning how to use it but I was very impressed with the quality of the machine. There is no flex in the machine frame, extremely solid so there is little to no vibration when the laser is operating. The wiring was inspected prior to using it and I found that everything was tight and very neat. The laser tube is a glass tube that is well protected. The mirrors have good mounts and fully adjustable if needed. Prior to shipping, Boss Laser did a full checkout of the machine and it arrived ready to plug in and run.
    I can't speak for other vendors but so far I am happy with my laser and it was more expensive than ordering directly from China but the local support was what I wanted. Lasers from Epilog and others were looked at but were too far out of my budget to be practical.

Lasers from Epilog and others were looked at but were too far out of my budget to be practical.

And Epilog has had some issues with their new tubes some are only lasting two years. When you pay 3x as much for a Epilog you would expect much better quality. All the ones mentioned in the broken English reply above, except for the Full Spectrum are very good quality. I think you made a wise choice.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Trotec sell great machines and they are made in Europe as well (Austria and Germany I believe). They have small format as well, but they are a bit more expensive.... The positive is with a ceramic tube from a reputable company you could be looking at 25 years before it needs replacement. No affiliation with them except that I use them at work almost every day. 2cents

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk