585,599 active members*
3,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

300 APC alarm

hi gents, i have an alarm on (vmc) fanuc Oi-mc, alarm number 300 it says x axis need zero,
    y axis need zero
    i had this alarm after i change the 2 batteries for (APC) after got low voltage ,and now when i switch the machine on i can't call the axis to home position,
    and got alarm number 300
    my question is how can i call axis to home position and reset the alarm ?
    any help will be appriciated
    thnx

THE FOLLOWING IS THE PROCEDURE FOR SETTING REFERENCE POSITION (FOR MACHINES WITH ABSOLUTE ENCODER) IN CASE THE REFERENCE POSITION IS DISTURBED BY ANY REASON :
    SET PARAMETER 1815 # 4 (APZ) FOR THE CORRESPONDING AXIS (X OR Z) = 0
    SWITCH THE POWER OFF AND THEN ON AFTER A FEW SECONDS.
    MESSAGE “---- (X OR Z)-AXIS NEED ZRN” WILL APPEAR ON CRT (NC ALARM).
    MOVE THE AXIS TO THE REFERENCE POSITION BY MANUAL JOGGING
    (NORMALLY 10 MM AWAY FROM THE EMERGENCY POSITION).
    SET PARAMETER 1815 # 4 (APZ) FOR THE CORRESPONDING AXIS (X OR Z) = 1
    NOW THIS POSITION WILL BECOME THE MACHINE REFERENCE VALUE FOR THIS AXIS. IT WILL, HOWEVER, BE DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS REFERENCE VALUE. AS A RESULT, ALL THE PREVIOUS TOOL OFFSET SETTINGS WILL BECOME INCORRECT AND WILL HAVE TO BE DONE AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    THE FOLLOWING IS THE PROCEDURE FOR SETTING REFERENCE POSITION (FOR MACHINES WITH ABSOLUTE ENCODER) IN CASE THE REFERENCE POSITION IS DISTURBED BY ANY REASON :
    SET PARAMETER 1815 # 4 (APZ) FOR THE CORRESPONDING AXIS (X OR Z) = 0
    MESSAGE “---- (X OR Z)-AXIS NEED ZRN” WILL APPEAR ON CRT (NC ALARM).
    MOVE THE AXIS TO THE REFERENCE POSITION BY MANUAL JOGGING
    (NORMALLY 10 MM AWAY FROM THE EMERGENCY POSITION).
    SET PARAMETER 1815 # 4 (APZ) FOR THE CORRESPONDING AXIS (X OR Z) = 1
    NOW THIS POSITION WILL BECOME THE MACHINE REFERENCE VALUE FOR THIS AXIS. IT WILL, HOWEVER, BE DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS REFERENCE VALUE. AS A RESULT, ALL THE PREVIOUS TOOL OFFSET SETTINGS WILL BECOME INCORRECT AND WILL HAVE TO BE DONE AGAIN.
    yea plus you have to reset the 1850 grid shif to zero so that when you change the bit it will set home there and not shift it over by what 1850 says..

if you get the 300 alarm... next time dont replace batteries with power off.. have the control on and in estop..

do this.. move the motor in at lease 2 full rotations then try doing a reference return (providing the machine has deceleration switches)

if that doesnt work.. call the manufacture because there might be a procedure other then just flipping some bits.. i would do that first before anything..

thanks for ur help gentelmen, but i realise another problem when i started to do as u told me , the problem is i can't change from 0 to 1 in write enable parameter line on the screen, when I push 1 and then (input) the 0 still exist and don't change to 1 to enable write parameter, is it possible that it has been protected by password or something????if so how can i write enable parameter to do as u told me???
    waiting for reply,
    thnx alot
    hint : the machine is with (absolute pulse coder)

You must be in MDI mode

You must have EDIT KEY in OFF position
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

there also might be an operators screen soft key.. press offsets setting and arrow over

I know that it should be in MDI mood and memory key off , what happened is when I view the page on the screen to enable the parameter ,I can't put 1 in . but the rest of the lines (same page) I can change for example chanel selection, I can input all the options that I have on this page (except) the line parameter enable are there a possibility of a password in this type of control ,or some soft key to protect from changing a parameter ??? if so how can I remove it and start the process to reset the 300 alarm????
    thnx for ur reply

Possibly a Keep relay ?

or as fanucman said check the operator switches

OFF/SETT - > - [OPRT] - <PGDN>
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Shouldn't you also set PWE=1 to change a parameter value?

Me not know much yet, me newbie!!

that's what i couldn't change . i want to change PWE from 0 to 1 . but it doesn't change, are there maybe a password in this type of controler to protect the parameter from changing ????????????

Odd -

You know to press the MDI button, and to turn off the memory protect key (make it horizontal).

And you can change other parameters but not PWE - that's not normal. Ours changes OK, you may have a bad button or switch? If you can change another value like TV or SEQ then PWE should change too.

Have you powered the CNC off and back on at all? If not, try that. Sorry I can't help much else, ours definitely works that way.

parameter PWE change to1

hello guys,about your problem?check the switch of program protect.switch ON before change the PWE.enable change to 1.

300 apc Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by nabil_elbadri View Post
    hi gents, i have an alarm on (vmc) fanuc Oi-mc, alarm number 300 it says x axis need zero,
    y axis need zero
    i had this alarm after i change the 2 batteries for (APC) after got low voltage ,and now when i switch the machine on i can't call the axis to home position,
    and got alarm number 300
    my question is how can i call axis to home position and reset the alarm ?
    any help will be appriciated
    thnx
    hi nabil!
    have a nice day
    1.go to offset setting to give value 1 to enable PWE
    2.parameter 1815 to meet APC value put 1 if 0
    3.parameter 1815 to meet APC value put 0 if 1
    4.Make sure axis position is at your requirment home position for each x and y
    before doing this
    5.turn off machine for 20 sec after each x or y axis giving values

Re: parameter PWE change to1

Here is a guide I put together to help set the home position. Feel free to let me know if I need to change anything on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i replaced the battery in mine. reset both home positions, powered down, brought it back up and APC is still flashing. no actual alarms, just the blinking yellow apc

Re: 300 apc Alarm

hello, I have a related problem, when I do the procedure on the main axes I have no problem, when I do it on axis 4 B, the apz returns to 0 when the machine is turned on and the alarm returns on that axis.
    Any idea?