584,858 active members*
4,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > DS0300 APC Alarm on DOOSAN PUMA 2600LSY

DS0300 APC Alarm on DOOSAN PUMA 2600LSY

Dear forum, I am in need of help regarding an APC alarm due to battery failiure over the summer vacation and I think the machine dealer is trying to rip me off.
    We had replaced the backup batteries on our machine this spring, so they were nowhere near old. Over previous summer vacations we've had a voltage alarm, but never actually lost any parameters.

(Note i have tried searching the forum, but none of the previous threads have yielded a solution.)

The machine is a millturn DOOSAN PUMA 2600LSY with fanuc i-series control

We have the following alarms:
    PS0302 SETTING THE REFERENCE POSITION WITHOUT DOG IS NOT PERFORMED (after trying to zero the axes)
    DS0300 (Y) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN
    DS0300 (Z) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN
    DS0300 (B) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN

The service guy at the dealer in my country say they have to send a technician for a full day to fix this issue. The problem is we are far away from them and they will bill a huge amount just on travel expenses. (our last visit from them landed in the 10 000 dollar range.)
    When I ask if it is possible to do this remotely he just say it is not possible. I am afraid they are just trying to exploit the situation. Thoughts?

They state that the encoders need to be calibrated for all of the X, Y, Z, and sub-spindle (B) axes, and that X and Y is difficult because the Y-axis uses the X-axis as slave.

We do have a disk with all the original machine parameters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Re: DS0300 APC Alarm on DOOSAN PUMA 2600LSY

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBamek View Post
    Dear forum, I am in need of help regarding an APC alarm due to battery failiure over the summer vacation and I think the machine dealer is trying to rip me off.
    We had replaced the backup batteries on our machine this spring, so they were nowhere near old. Over previous summer vacations we've had a voltage alarm, but never actually lost any parameters.

(Note i have tried searching the forum, but none of the previous threads have yielded a solution.)

The machine is a millturn DOOSAN PUMA 2600LSY with fanuc i-series control

We have the following alarms:
    PS0302 SETTING THE REFERENCE POSITION WITHOUT DOG IS NOT PERFORMED (after trying to zero the axes)
    DS0300 (Y) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN
    DS0300 (Z) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN
    DS0300 (B) APC ALARM: NEED REF. RETURN

The service guy at the dealer in my country say they have to send a technician for a full day to fix this issue. The problem is we are far away from them and they will bill a huge amount just on travel expenses. (our last visit from them landed in the 10 000 dollar range.)
    When I ask if it is possible to do this remotely he just say it is not possible. I am afraid they are just trying to exploit the situation. Thoughts?

They state that the encoders need to be calibrated for all of the X, Y, Z, and sub-spindle (B) axes, and that X and Y is difficult because the Y-axis uses the X-axis as slave.

We do have a disk with all the original machine parameters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

This is not a parameter problem this is zero position loss.
    Organising a technician will be required to re position all the axes to their correct home positions then calibrating your tool setter, but to be fair, I have instructed remote savvy customers in the procedure over the phone before
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Thank you for your reply.
    After fiddling around a little bit yesterday i figured out what went wrong when following the procedures i found on this forum.
    What I did was enabling PWE
    Set parameter 1815 APC (x) to 1 and restarted. At this point I expected to be able to move the x-axis. I was not. Then i set this back to 0 and set APC (Y) to 1 and restarted. I now expected to be able to move Y but wasn't.
    I discovered that when setting APC (x) to 1 I was able to move Y and vice verca. When I then set it back to zero the alarm for that axis went away. ( i did not set it to the correct position though as I was just fiddling around)

We do have markers showing where the zero point should be (red plastic markers screwed in to the covers). My plan is to move the machine to these positions and do the above procedure for all the axes.

Can you tell me if I am on the correct path?

Thanks.

kinda you need to be a bit more accurate than using the markers. you can get away with it for Z and B but the X & Y you should clock up with a DTI. also the X home position is not the same as the X0 position so you need to move from X0 (clocked) to the value in parameter 1240 then set APZ

Hmm. Okay thank you! I will look in to this and see what i can do.

Sorry for the double post but i got to thinking: When clocking it up with the DTI, what will be my reference? How do I know that I have the zero, if you understand what i mean?

clock it to zero
    press pos
    press rel
    press X0 then press the preset button
    Press system button
    Type in 1240 and press no search
    if value in X is 300000
    press pos rel
    Wind X axis until it says 300mm
    Press system
    Type in 1815 press no srch
    cursor to x axis and change the apz to 1
    power down
    power up
    turn off pwe

Hi again guys.

So I have replaced the dead batteries.
    Upon starting the machines all of the 1815 APC parameters were set to one. I understand now that I have to find the correct zero for each axis and then set the APC parameters back to zero, This is all fine,
    The problem is:

Now I am not able to move the x and y axis at all! Last time I had a try at this I was able to move these axes depending on which APC parameter i had set to one.

Does anybody know why I am unable to move the axes? They are not far away from their original zero point.
    I tried setting the zero at their current position, restarted the machine, and all alarms were gone. I can move Z and B, but X and Y are not moving.

Thanks!

Can you put up picture of parameter 1815

UOTE=DanielBamek;2092204]Hi again guys.

So I have replaced the dead batteries.
    Upon starting the machines all of the 1815 APC parameters were set to one. I understand now that I have to find the correct zero for each axis and then set the APC parameters back to zero, This is all fine,
    The problem is:

Now I am not able to move the x and y axis at all! Last time I had a try at this I was able to move these axes depending on which APC parameter i had set to one.

Does anybody know why I am unable to move the axes? They are not far away from their original zero point.
    I tried setting the zero at their current position, restarted the machine, and all alarms were gone. I can move Z and B, but X and Y are not moving.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Daniel. please look at this thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/daewoo...bulletins.html

I figured it out! The reason i was unable to move X and Y was because i had APZ parameter for these set to zero. (z and B was moveable with APZ set to 0 for some reason)
    First i set the zero point approximately, using the markers for the zero point in the machine. After this was set my alarms was gone, so i Turned a small piece of aluminum and measured the center point of X and Y directions on the turned part. After correcting the error (from the rough setting) it is working PERFECTLY.
    It is actually better than before because we earlier suspected Y was off (got a small tap left when face turning to the center) - now it is all gone.

Thank you so much for all your help. The level of satisfaction is 9000!! The fact that the machine seller didnt want to help me without sending a technician does it all so much better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMonkey View Post
    Thank you for the tip, buy oh wow that seems like a complicated way of doing it.
    So this is what i did:

1) Moved Z-axis and B-axis to their marked Zero point and set the zero for them by changing parameter 1815 APZ from 1 to 0 to 1 for the respective axis and restarted the machine. Now zero for these are set. (i do not care to much about accuracy for home zero for these two axes, it is only relative to the measuring probe anyway and I felt that the markers would make it good enough)
    2) Moved X-axis and Y-axis to their marked Zero point.
    3) Mounted a measuring indicator in the rotating tool holder
    4) Using the indicator i rougly found the center of the chuck just to have a reference (by using the inner diameter)
    5) Left Y axis at zero and moved X axis to the value stated in parameter 1250 (i think, have to double check)
    6) Set APZ on these two axes from 1 to 0 to 1. Restarted machine
    7) After power on all alarms are gone
    8) turned a small shaft and measured the center point of this in X and Y direction. Here i found a small error in my zero point, so i corrected for this by using the steps above.
    Finished!

As far as I can measure my error now is down to 0,003mm on Y axis and 0.004mm on X axis. My plan is to design a test piece to check for errors. I will machine this and measure it, and then calculate needed corrections (if any)

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBamek View Post
    Thank you for the tip, buy oh wow that seems like a complicated way of doing it.
    So this is what i did:

1) Moved Z-axis and B-axis to their marked Zero point and set the zero for them by changing parameter 1815 APZ from 1 to 0 to 1 for the respective axis and restarted the machine. Now zero for these are set. (i do not care to much about accuracy for home zero for these two axes, it is only relative to the measuring probe anyway and I felt that the markers would make it good enough)
    2) Moved X-axis and Y-axis to their marked Zero point.
    3) Mounted a measuring indicator in the rotating tool holder
    4) Using the indicator i rougly found the center of the chuck just to have a reference (by using the inner diameter)
    5) Left Y axis at zero and moved X axis to the value stated in parameter 1250 (i think, have to double check)
    6) Set APZ on these two axes from 1 to 0 to 1. Restarted machine
    7) After power on all alarms are gone
    8) turned a small shaft and measured the center point of this in X and Y direction. Here i found a small error in my zero point, so i corrected for this by using the steps above.
    Finished!

As far as I can measure my error now is down to 0,003mm on Y axis and 0.004mm on X axis. My plan is to design a test piece to check for errors. I will machine this and measure it, and then calculate needed corrections (if any)
    Can anyone tell me if the 1815 apz is normally at 0 when the APC alarms comes on? My upper turret is 1, but my turret with the alarm is 0

Quote Originally Posted by Numbah1 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the 1815 apz is normally at 0 when the APC alarms comes on? My upper turret is 1, but my turret with the alarm is 0
    I have the same problem I put 1 in the apz of axis B, when I restart it changes again to 0 alone and the alarm returns
    How u fix?

you need to make a full turn of motor before doing the APZ to 1