584,833 active members*
5,439 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Post Processing for Axiom AR6 Pro with MadCam 5

Post Processing for Axiom AR6 Pro with MadCam 5

Hi Everyone,
    I have an Axiom AR6 Pro, Rhino 5 and MadCam 5 v3. I'm just getting started, and I saved a simple pocketing tool path as a test. When I attempted to run the file on the machine, the spindle lowered to the surface of the workpiece, but then it just sat in the home position, spinning. It engraved the surface just a tiny bit in that spot, but never moved to the actual cut locations. I'm attaching a couple screen shots to see if I'm missing something in my post processing. Thanks very much for your help!

Re: Post Processing for Axiom AR6 Pro with MadCam 5

Line N3 does not have a feed rate. Not every line has to have one as G01 is modal (assuming it is on your controller too). However, you precede this line with a rapid move. Try manually putting a feed in N3 and see what happens.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Line N3 does not have a feed rate. Not every line has to have one as G01 is modal (assuming it is on your controller too). However, you precede this line with a rapid move. Try manually putting a feed in N3 and see what happens.
    I found that MadCAM is not automatically generating code to indicate that the drawing (and tools, tool paths) are imperial units. Because my machine's handheld controller wants to see metric info, it needs to see G20 in the line of code where the parameters are set (N1). By manually adding the G20 text, I'm able to run the tool paths now, BUT, my feed rates are still incorrect. As a test, I did a drawing in metric units and used metric tools, and still got incorrect feed rates.
    A friend who uses the same machine (Axiom AR6 Pro) has had no problems with code created in RhinoCAM, including imperial info.
    Hoping I can get a new post processor to fix this, rather than buying more CAM software. Super frustrating process, as I like the integration of MadCAM into Rhino, but can't get code that makes the machine happy.

Chester442,
    All Post Processors can be modified to suit your needs.
    Most that are provided are stock standard.
    For example G21 and other start codes can be in your Post Processor.
    Read the Help file on Post Processors in madCAM to see what can you can do.
    Once you have tailored it to suit Axiom AR6 Pro it will always out put the G-Code as you want it to.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Also, make sure your tools have speeds and feeds saved that are appropriate for the units you wish to work in.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)