Hi Everyone !
It my first post on this forum, so I hope I posted it in correct section if not, I apologize !
I recently bought used Haas VF-1 Mill for prototyping and to work on my hobby projects. I have it set up in my garage. Does anybody else using these machines in their garages ? My machine came with internal high voltage transformer (480V) 3 phase. The problem is that I only have 240V single phase 200A in my garage, and no way of upgrading to 3 phase through my power company..
Also I noticed that transformer output shows 240V and 120V..

I have couple of questions:

1. Can I just remove transformer and simply connect 240V 3-phase power to the wires that goes to the transformer output TB2 ? And take 1 phase and 1 neutral for 120V and connect to output TB1 ?
Is TB1 output should be 120V 3 phase ?

2. I understand that I need to convert my 240V single phase to 240V 3 phase with phase converter. I did some reading on the forums and it seems that there are two kinds of people, one is totally against rotary converters and recommend only "perfect phase" digital converter, the other ones have no problem using rotary ones..
I personally lean more towards American Rotary AD digital series rotary converter since price difference with perfectphase is almost $6k !
Does any of you run their machine with these American rotary converter and if so, do you have any issues with power output ?

Is this internal transformer only lowers voltage from 480V down to 240V and 120V or its also used to filter and stabilize the output power ?
If your haas came wired for 240V, could you please maybe take a picture of the inside wiring and send it to me ?

Thanks guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk