584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HRTa6 210 -vs- HRT 210 . which one is more versatile?

HRTa6 210 -vs- HRT 210 . which one is more versatile?

The kid and I are also ordering a HRT210 with that used 98 VF/4 getting squeezed into the garage (2 posts down). There are 2 different HRT items we were quoted and we honestly are not sure whick one is a better choice?

The two are: HRT210 w/ a 6" adjustable chuck. no tailstock. And a HRT210A6 w/ air-tailstock. To me, as long as we can also mount an adjustable chuck on the HRTA6, it is probably a better deal? (and only a few bens more).

What does he want to do? Use an HRT to mount stock (in a chuck) and do 3D milling w/ a Rotary and grow/learn as he's only 20. The hrt210 has no tailstock The hrtA6 has the pneumatic tail-stock included, and a collect setup on the face. No chuck.

What is the hrtA6 technically used for? more along the lines of index work?

thanks! We're trying to read and keep up! Any advice appreciated.

Re: HRTa6 210 -vs- HRT 210 . which one is more versatile?

We found an Image that shows what can mount onto the HRT-A6 line. Still not sure how you use the A6 lines, but part of the fun!

Ouch... That 8" chuck is $1600 new. Looking for something used our there or may need to think about this.

Attachment 370974

1600 yea kiss my arse. I went with one of these 5" GATOR Lathe Chuck 3 Jaw Front Mount NEW 2 pc. Reversible Jaws | eBay
    If you are like me an hate ebay just call them direct. Very knowable good people. Plain back so I just machined my own mounting plate, but they might have one that will fit in stock.
    I have some pics somewhere

I have owned the 210 but not the other one you showed, good rotary. All of the accessories for the rotarys are overpriced. If you need a tail stock just machine one easy peasy.
    Gary

What you do not yet realize ( or know, presumably ) is that the HRT210A6 is the exact same beast, mechanically. The HRT210A6 is a HRT210 but instead of a flat, T-slotted platten, it bears an A6 spindle nose. Specifically, an A6-8. That makes accessories typically much more expensive to purchase new. Also less choices for the same accessories. With that said however, once one realizes what it is, it is also very simple to accommodate for it. We run an 8-1/2" three jaw Bison when I run a chuck. Go ahead and price a back plate for one of those... I ended up making a back plate for it to mount to the rotary's nose. ( Actually made a few different ones for a few work holding devices. ) The reasoning to using an A6 nose is for theoretically being able to mount/remove/mount accessories with little to no need for concentricity alignments every time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQPiMFhDq4U/