584,837 active members*
5,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: pcb mill

pcb mill

Hi All

I has/had a plan for a pcb mill cnc, however I have I think to heavy rails, I have THK and Rexroth types whith quite big cars, type R163121420 8,5 x 7 cm and this is for a pcb mill quite big.

I do not now if one such rail is enough for a A4 bed, seen the big heavy rail, or maybe sell them all and use the round rails everywhere is seen, these are maybe more easy and enough for
    pcb milling.

for heavy work there rails are fine, see picture.

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0814.jpg  

Re: pcb mill

Yes, those seems to be overkill for PCB milling but if you build a mill it will not take too long before you start milling even other things. For PCB milling round rails are OK but don't use the unsupported type because they are just a joke and you will never get good enough results. I have built my first one with those curtain rods but it didn't take long before I decided to upgrade to fully supported type and those give me much higher speeds and accuracy.

Thanks for the respons.

I am electronicus and do only pcb milling, so change these for supported round rails is a better idea.

Then I have to sell these and buy the round supported ones, makes it also more light, I do now the unsupported round rails needs or thick for accuracy, I do use always the supported rails
    thanks for respons.

kees

Hi.....for just printed circuit board making you could buy one of these small CNC moving table routers currently on EBAY for around A$230........work area 200mm X 150mm approx.
    Ian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moving Table CNC Router. A.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi.....for just printed circuit board making you could buy one of these small CNC moving table routers currently on EBAY for around A$230........work area 200mm X 150mm approx.
    Ian.
    Same machine is a lot cheaper on Amazon. You can get the 30x18mm version on Amazon for less than US$200. You get some buyer protection through Amazon, too.