585,717 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with MDI Command

I seem to have a problem with the MDI command Line. I am using GRBL 1.1. If I jog x+ direction then use the MDI Command Line and use a G code X command it goes backward. I tried this on
    UGS , GRBL Panel and also on my c# program. Any solutions or is it a GRBL error?

Re: Problem with MDI Command

Why it's problem? If G0 is current motion state and X passed without any axis values GRBL throws out alarm after next command: "2: Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value". If axis value is present it should move somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kfmut View Post
    Why it's problem? If G0 is current motion state and X passed without any axis values GRBL throws out alarm after next command: "2: Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value". If axis value is present it should move somewhere.
    Hi
    It is a problem if the MDI command sends the stepper in the opposite direction. Why does it? I would like to make a program that sends the stepper in the right direction.

So if in absolute distance mode I'll jog to X100, then issue G0X120 command, GRBL will report work coordinates X120 Y_something Z_something but tool will actually move to something less than X100? Could you make a screenshot of Grbl Panel after jog move and G0X0 command with monitor option enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by kfmut View Post
    So if in absolute distance mode I'll jog to X100, then issue G0X120 command, GRBL will report work coordinates X120 Y_something Z_something but tool will actually move to something less than X100? Could you make a screenshot of Grbl Panel after jog move and G0X0 command with monitor option enabled?
    Hi,
    A screen shot wont show anything. GRBL issues a ok. The distance the stepper moves is correct. the only problem is that the stepper moves in the opposite direction. I used USG , GRBL Panel and
    A program I am writing in C#. I tried changing the setting in GRBL for the direction. When I did that everything went in reverse. This only happens if you jog first then go to the command line and put in something like G0X1 but it will really go G0X-1. Try it. TY

I've tried it with Grbl Panel and it's working as expected. GRBL version is 1.1f 20170531

I have 1.1e. I will update to 1.1f.
    TY

Kfmut ty for your help. I updated to GRBL 1.1f but still have the same result. Since yours works I must have another issue.

I restored the GRBL settings now it works with UGS. It still doesn't work with GRBL Panel.