My company operates 4 of the Mori Seiki CL-200's(manual door), 2 of which have a tailstock installed. 3 of the 4 have manual functions that all seem to work similar. I have a work request to get the 4th to do the same.
With the door open and the key release on the pushbutton arrows on the touch screen that allows you to control the current tool index station will only allow you to choose the next or previous station to the one you are currently on. the other machines will allow you to choose any number and then will index to the desired spot without having indexing one at a time. the chip conveyor and coolant will also not manually run using the touch screen buttons with the door open with the key release on. again these all work on the other 3 with the door open and key release on. Lastly the tailstock extend will not work with the door open, the auto retract and the inch extend do work. All these functions work when the door is closed.
I have read through all the operator manuals(we just have one set for all 4 machines) and they say that these should all be working. I know that the key release is working because without it engaged with the door open I can't index the turret even one station at a time.
I am used to working on machines run with AB PLC's that allow me to look at the logic while it is running so I can see what is going on and what might not be happening. The only thing I have found on the Mori is the I/O on the screen that shows my inputs(X) and outputs(Y) but this doesn't seem very helpful in this situation. The inputs do not show up as being pushed on the I/O screen but I do hear the beep from the screen acknowledging that I have hit a button. Is there a parameter I am missing somewhere? Is there a way to hook up to these machines to see the ladder logic in real time?
Any help is appreciated.
-Matt