584,812 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

5x10 plasma table purchase

Is it possible to buy a 5x10 plasma table with a hypertherm 85 for $20K Canadian, more or less turn key?

I had been looking around from what ive been seeing is on plus side of $30K.

I plan on a purchase within 30 days.

Re: 5x10 plasma table purchase

Where are you in Canada? I am in SouthWestern Ontario. I have parts from a huge CNC router that would be perfect IMO to adapt for plasma. You could get it for a good price. If you're interested, send me a PM and we'll talk and I can send you some pics. It will do 5x10.

It's so big, I don't really see how we could ship it if you are far away, but if you're close and want to make a deal, or at least discuss it, let me know.

Have you seen CNC RP ?

Quote Originally Posted by NIC 77 View Post
    Where are you in Canada? I am in SouthWestern Ontario. I have parts from a huge CNC router that would be perfect IMO to adapt for plasma. You could get it for a good price. If you're interested, send me a PM and we'll talk and I can send you some pics. It will do 5x10.

It's so big, I don't really see how we could ship it if you are far away, but if you're close and want to make a deal, or at least discuss it, let me know.
    Im not really looking for something that is gonna require much work for setpup. Time is something I have very little of.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardz View Post
    Is it possible to buy a 5x10 plasma table with a hypertherm 85 for $20K Canadian, more or less turn key?

I had been looking around from what ive been seeing is on plus side of $30K.

I plan on a purchase within 30 days.
    If there is something new for that price, you will hate it.
    My table was 30 US and still required some minor engineering changes + 4k for the Hypertherm yet. A proper ventilation system will run you 5-10k as well.
    We are very pleased with it though
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Have you tried multicam Canada. I had a 5x10 plasma with a hypertherm 125 that I got brand new (used) in a box for around 30k.
    It is a simple machine (and simple to operate) but I cut 1.25" hrms with it and it wasn't that bad. If I remember correctly I might have even done 1.5" (edge start).
    It was really good for 1/8 to 1/2" steel. The ventilation set-up on the actual table was kind of a poor design but I got a couple big tube
    fans each good for around 2000 cfm and integrated them with cardboard concrete sleeves as my air extraction (around $1000 total).
    Or you can go with a tracker or some hobby machine, but the table is light duty only.