I don't think they send any communication out until it is ready to be shipped. I ordered an Acorn on 12/17 (Sunday) and didn't hear anything back so I called on 12/22 (Friday) to check on the status and they said it was getting shipped out that day. The person on the phone said they were pretty busy and that was before the notice of the price change. That afternoon I received an email receipt with tracking number and it was in my hands by 12/27 (Wednesday). I later ordered the Mill Pro upgrade on 12/30 (Saturday) and received the license file in less than 3 hours!

It took me longer to make the DIN rail adapters for the Acorn and included 24VDC power supply and wire them in than it did to initially configure the software/control to work with my machine (Emco PC Mill 50). My machine isn't done yet so I haven't tested the control in anger but so far I am happy with it. I currently have it working with 3 limit switches, E-Stop, spindle VFD (forward, reverse, and analog speed), and 2 axis stepper motors via a G540 (haven't hooked up the x axis motor yet).