I've recently started work for a company who use Hypermill V9, full 5-Axis version. The post processors don't work properly, and looking back 10 years through the old CAD stuff, it looks as if they never have. Unfortunately, the users didn't get the posts sorted when there was a support contract, probably because they didn't really know what they were doing and instead got contractors to CAM for them.

Now, I need to get this software working, but it's out of support. I spoke to Open Mind, but I couldn't get past reception without a support contract, which is a shame considering that the software came with two posts, neither of which worked properly from the start ( although the Heidenhein TNC530 post only requires an M6 manually added to each tool change so no big deal ).

I have had a contact from one OM guy, who is looking for "a cost effective solution" for me, but I suspect this will be an upgrade or support contract which I'm not going to pay for, simply because there is no guarantee that the post will get sorted anyway, and the post should have at least worked in the beginning.

If anyone has worked out how to edit a Hypermill post I will be happy to hear from you, I need to get this working. Buying an upgrade is not an option, it's not an exaggeration to say that buying Hypermill and the problems it has caused over the years has nigh on killed the company - there is no more money for this.