584,829 active members*
4,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Mach 2010 screenset, anyone using?

Has anyone modified the 2010 screenset to work with the new corner finding touch plate from crp? I'm using aspire and want to use the tool change postprocessor because loading multiple sections of gcode is time consuming.
    I would like to be able to have a mounted plate for tool change touch off and use the crp one for the surface of the part. I also want to be able to use the crp auto probe functions for corner finding still. Is it possible to use both?
    I may try to hack this together, but would like input before screwing things up. Which I'm probably bound to do a few times.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Re: Mach 2010 screenset, anyone using?

You can find the corner with the 2010 Probing wizard, then use the standard auto zero macros.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gerry, thanks for the reply! I haven't tried to implement your screen set yet, didn't know if i needed to do anything special.
    But since you saw this, i might as well ask the creator a question. I read that with the stationary plate, it can be whatever thickness and still calculates the correct z height. How does the original machine z zero get set? Is it when i run the zero z using my moveable plate? Otherwise, it seems like the mounted plate would need a measurement entered to correct.
    I do not know if you're familiar with cnc router parts new touch plate, and I haven't run your screens yet, but does the corner wizard allow me to choose the measurements for x max/min y max/min to correctly position the bit?
    Thanks in advance, I'm new to all of this and really appreciate the help of the community. Hopefully I can give back one day. Or, at the least, my questions will be found for others to learn as well.

The manual for that touch plate doesn't explain how it's used but I'm assuming it basically finds the center of the pocket inside it? Similar to the Triple Edge Finder? If so, you just jog the bit down inside the pocket, and the pocket center finding macro will find the center, which is the corner.

There are two auto zero macros. A simple one, just for setting Z zero one time.
    Then there's an Initial Auto Zero, which is used with the fixed plate. It first sets Z zero, using your CNCRP touch plate, then goes to the fixed plate and saves it's location.

So if you are just doing a simple job with one tool, you can use the simple auto zero, which is faster. If you will be doing tool changes, you use the Initial Auto Zero, which sets up the fixed plate for tool changes.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Awesome! Thanks for clarification. I'll try everything tonight. Can't wait!

I just got the 2010 screencast for basically the same reason. For the mounted plate, how do you handle connecting the ground? Is there a place that we can connect the ground so we do not have to keep connecting it to the spindle?

I haven't installed it yet, but I purchased an ~8" hose clamp and plan on running a 14 ga ground wire from my spindle to the ground sensor on my touchplate through the ecage. Will strip the wire and clamp it to the spindle.

If anyone is interested I wanted to mention that I got the 2010 Screen Set and Multi Tool Probing working very well with my PRO4824. I built a WYW ( Y ) of M12 connectors and ran a wire up to the spindle connected to the mount.
    I'm still working on the more automatic probing ( X and Y at the same time ) but easily got X and then Y to probe.

So far pretty happy with 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLima View Post
    If anyone is interested I wanted to mention that I got the 2010 Screen Set and Multi Tool Probing working very well with my PRO4824. I built a WYW ( Y ) of M12 connectors and ran a wire up to the spindle connected to the mount.
    I'm still working on the more automatic probing ( X and Y at the same time ) but easily got X and then Y to probe.

So far pretty happy with 2010.
    I haven't had time to try anything. Mind sharing your config? I have the 4896, but you're the only post I've seen for the crp machine specifically. It would be great to have too changing working instead of loading each program every tool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    I haven't had time to try anything. Mind sharing your config? I have the 4896, but you're the only post I've seen for the crp machine specifically. It would be great to have too changing working instead of loading each program every tool.

I'm not using any custom or special configs. I had everything working with plain Mach3, bought 2010, and followed the install instructions carefully.
    I would recommend setting up a new profile so you don't overwrite macros that you might want later.
    And always make a backup of your mach directory. ;-)

The automated changing tools is really nice for sure!! Next step is a full ATC but I haven't found a good inexpensive one.

Please tell me if I need to start a new thread for this, but it's related so maybe there will be some common interest. I'm helping a friend get his new FLA Saturn 2 up and running with CNCRP NEMA 34 P&P setup, running Mach3. The final parts should be here Monday to connect the motors to the R&P drives. I bought the 2010 screenset and will install it once we've tweaked everything and know that the router is functioning the way we want.

My question is this - since 2010 supports both a single touch-off and a secondary, has anyone modified it to use the second touch-off for a maximum depth setting? I've had this feature on other machines and it is worth its weight in gold. Take the first reading from the top surface and the second from the spoilboard. The second setting, Max depth, limits the depth of cut to that reading regardless of what the program tells it to do. As a bonus, the Max depth can be adjusted either up or down in .001" increments for cutting down to, but not through the backing material on acrylic, etc.

If 2010 or Mach3 does not have the capability, does anyone know of a system that would work with CNCRP?

Quote Originally Posted by micknm View Post
    Please tell me if I need to start a new thread for this, but it's related so maybe there will be some common interest. I'm helping a friend get his new FLA Saturn 2 up and running with CNCRP NEMA 34 P&P setup, running Mach3. The final parts should be here Monday to connect the motors to the R&P drives. I bought the 2010 screenset and will install it once we've tweaked everything and know that the router is functioning the way we want.

My question is this - since 2010 supports both a single touch-off and a secondary, has anyone modified it to use the second touch-off for a maximum depth setting? I've had this feature on other machines and it is worth its weight in gold. Take the first reading from the top surface and the second from the spoilboard. The second setting, Max depth, limits the depth of cut to that reading regardless of what the program tells it to do. As a bonus, the Max depth can be adjusted either up or down in .001" increments for cutting down to, but not through the backing material on acrylic, etc.

If 2010 or Mach3 does not have the capability, does anyone know of a system that would work with CNCRP?
    That sounds awesome. I would love that ability as well. I'm so inexperienced with CNC that when I went to do the setup, I basically got overwhelmed with my lack of knowledge, that I walked away a couple months ago and dealt with the tool change inconvenience.

I'm not using any custom or special configs. I had everything working with plain Mach3, bought 2010, and followed the install instructions carefully.
    I would recommend setting up a new profile so you don't overwrite macros that you might want later.
    And always make a backup of your mach directory. ;-)

The automated changing tools is really nice for sure!! Next step is a full ATC but I haven't found a good inexpensive one.
    One thing I was worried about was the z offset that comes with the crp config. Did you have to change that, or did the offset not do anything to impact the macros for the 2010 screenset?

That sounds awesome. I would love that ability as well. I'm so inexperienced with CNC that when I went to do the setup, I basically got overwhelmed with my lack of knowledge, that I walked away a couple months ago and dealt with the tool change inconvenience.

I hear your frustration. I felt that way a bit at the beginning but once I got into it, and took my time, it wasn't that bad. If you use a new profile you can always go back and use your machine while you play around with 2010. I read through the instructions a few times and then walked through it to do it.

Actually the hardest part, which actually wasn't that bad, was getting the wiring worked out because I wanted to use plugs to keep it clean.

One thing I was worried about was the z offset that comes with the crp config. Did you have to change that, or did the offset not do anything to impact the macros for the 2010 screenset?

I didn't change that. The 2010 is basically a different "look" to Mach3 and some different Macros. All the settings stay the same ( except a couple for Z axis ). There were a lot of times where I flipped back from 2010 to the normal and back again.

I didn't change that. The 2010 is basically a different "look" to Mach3 and some different Macros. All the settings stay the same ( except a couple for Z axis ). There were a lot of times where I flipped back from 2010 to the normal and back again.
    Ok. I was worried about the offset and the setup for 2010 stated that the z offset for the tool change macros was different than the crp macros. My machine has a z offset of 8 inches and the 2010 is 0, I think. But then I emailed crp about it and they were not able to help at all with it other than warning me about the z offset. So that's when I gave up. By that time I had already buried my cutter in the table, moved in a large arc and broke it before being able to stop the machine. I've been dealing with ess buffer issues since then. Last night I upgraded my machine to an old xeon setup with 16gb ram. After testing with that for a couple days to see if the issue still occurs,I will try out the screenset again.

Then I'm going to attempt to get my 4th axis working.

One thing I was worried about was the z offset that comes with the crp config.
    My machine has a z offset of 8 inches and the 2010 is 0
    What Z offset are you guys referring to?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

I think you could do this by turning on the Z Inhibit feature, and setting the value. To increase or decrease the value, you'd probably want to add some buttons to the screen to do this.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Ok. I was worried about the offset and the setup for 2010 stated that the z offset for the tool change macros was different than the crp macros. My machine has a z offset of 8 inches and the 2010 is 0, I think. But then I emailed crp about it and they were not able to help at all with it other than warning me about the z offset. So that's when I gave up. By that time I had already buried my cutter in the table, moved in a large arc and broke it before being able to stop the machine. I've been dealing with ess buffer issues since then. Last night I upgraded my machine to an old xeon setup with 16gb ram. After testing with that for a couple days to see if the issue still occurs,I will try out the screenset again.

Then I'm going to attempt to get my 4th axis working.

Now that you mention that, in the instructions for 2010 install, there is a change you need to do for the Z axis and I believe it was set to 8. I changed it to 0. And make sure Z down is Neg.

Now that you mention that, in the instructions for 2010 install, there is a change you need to do for the Z axis and I believe it was set to 8. I changed it to 0. And make sure Z down is Neg.
    I'll give it a go this weekend. Crossing fingers I don't Jack my machine up again.

Page 1 of 2 12