584,849 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > Thunder Laser > What causes a "Water Error" on the Nova 24 display?

What causes a "Water Error" on the Nova 24 display?

I have a new Nova 24 with the CW-5000 chiller and am having problems getting it to cut or engrave routinely. Most of the time when I press the Start-Pause button after loading a U-File the Nova 24 immediately errors out with a "Water Error" message. If I ESC that re-try Start-Pause and repeat that cycle enough times I can eventually get the laser to finish a job. Once a job has started it has always finished so far. I've verified that the chiller is working correctly, that the laser tube has water flow, and that the flow switch in the chiller is operating correctly so I'm looking for any other event that would cause the Nova 24 to display the "Water Error" message.

Re: What causes a "Water Error" on the Nova 24 display?

Thunder Laser - anyone home?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I have a new Nova 24 with the CW-5000 chiller and am having problems getting it to cut or engrave routinely. Most of the time when I press the Start-Pause button after loading a U-File the Nova 24 immediately errors out with a "Water Error" message. If I ESC that re-try Start-Pause and repeat that cycle enough times I can eventually get the laser to finish a job. Once a job has started it has always finished so far. I've verified that the chiller is working correctly, that the laser tube has water flow, and that the flow switch in the chiller is operating correctly so I'm looking for any other event that would cause the Nova 24 to display the "Water Error" message.
    Hi Michael, sorry, I don't see your posting. Please contact [email protected] when you have any technical question, so we can help you to solve the problem soon.
    Please look at this trouble shooting, part C, water error.
    If you still can't solve it, please contact us by email.
    Thank you.
    Warning of LCD panel - Thunder Laser

Thanks Nolan - I've checked the wiring and the coolant flow and all of that seems to be working as it should. Perhaps the wiring has an intermittent connection somewhere between the chiller and the controller. I'll try to check that tomorrow.

Thanks for the link to LCD Panel Warnings - that will be a big help to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Thanks Nolan - I've checked the wiring and the coolant flow and all of that seems to be working as it should. Perhaps the wiring has an intermittent connection somewhere between the chiller and the controller. I'll try to check that tomorrow.

Thanks for the link to LCD Panel Warnings - that will be a big help to me.
    Ok, please check that tomorrow, and let us know. Please contact us by email, sometimes I don't log in CNCZone, and can't response your questions on time.

I finally figured out what was causing the "Water Protect" error on my Nova 24. The machine was configured for 2 lasers even though the machine has only the one 60-watt laser. I changed the configuration from "Two Lasers" to "One Laser" in File | Vendor Settings | Laser and now the machine runs each job on the 1st attempt.