585,705 active members*
4,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Can't figure out my mistake - Another homing question with Mach3

Can't figure out my mistake - Another homing question with Mach3

I'm ready to kick myself when I find out how simple the solution is, but for now, I'm hitting a brick wall.

I'm trying to get homing working with KFlop and Mach3. My homing routine works perfectly with KMotionCNC. However, nothing is happening with Mach3.

In an effort to simplify debugging, I have reverted to using the unaltered sample program "HomeMach3.c". When running under KMotionCNC, the appropriate messages appear in the KMotion Console window. When running under MACH3, nothing!!

I've checked and double checked the configuration of the Dynomotion plug-in in MACH3. The program path for the homing program is correct. I'm using thread 3 and data 5, (the same as used in KMotionCNC).

I have the limit switches set to Port #1, Pins 1 and 7 (For the X and Z switches). Using the Mach3 diagnostics screen I have verified the operation of the limit switches.I have used a Mach3 screen editor to test both OEM Codes 22 and 24 as well as 1022 and 1024 (X and Z axis).

What am I missing?

Re: Can't figure out my mistake - Another homing question with Mach3

Did you read this note?

Note: if Homing Inputs are enabled in Mach3 | Config | Ports and Pins | Input Signals | X Home, Y Home, Z Home, A Home, B Home, C Home then Mach 3 will NOT call the Plugin to do Homing. Please make sure these Inputs are NOT enabled.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com