584,850 active members*
4,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > lost parameters mazatrol T1 on quick turn universal OT-U

lost parameters mazatrol T1 on quick turn universal OT-U

In between me buying the lathe and collecting it some delightful scumbag removed the parameter list. I knew before I bought it that it lost parameters when powered off but was not bothered as it would not be used very often. I have tried downloading a couple of sets of parameters but they are obviously not the right ones. I have contacted Yamazaki UK and although really helpful the machine is so old the engineer that I spoke to had never seen one.
    I can use the lathe without the missing parameters but cant reference it. It also reads 4 times the actual movement, but I just allowed for that when I was using it. The Z axis toggle goes in the opposite direction as well.

I have attached photos of machine and screen so if anybody out there can help me I would be grateful.
    I am not an engineer by trade but just know the basics.

Stuart

Re: lost parameters mazatrol T1 on quick turn universal OT-U

I posted reply on Prac mach.
    Regards Bob

Just wondering if you got it sorted. I have 4 Mazaks with T1 control. I could send copies of parameters and instructions how to reinstall them.

Hello Murphy,
    I am not yet properly sorted with this machine. I can put a combination of parameters in to get it to a point where I can use it manually. This is a really old machine but I am willing to try anything to get it to run properly.

Stuart

Thanks for replying. My machine was made in 82 so you might be my best chance so far. [email protected].. I can input most of the parameters on page 2 okay. The previous owner who unfortunately died showed me how to input and it took ten minutes and from memory was only a couple of columns on page 2, but as yours are the same age as mine I might try doing both pages.
    Stuart

Hello Murphy,
    If you are not on holiday I dont suppose there is any chance you could send me the parameters for your machines ? I have an angle iron bracket at the left hand end of the lathe with 2 buttons on it that I have not got a clue what its for, any ideas? The whole lot is a mess but that is how it was when I got it.
    [email protected]
    just tried to add a photo but it asks for url so I will put on main thread..

They could have been for a barfeeder or maybe safety fence or similar. I would be inclined to hold them in and see what it does or doesn't do.
    Have sent you some info
    Regards Bob