585,753 active members*
4,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huayang VFD Hidden Commands

Huayang VFD Hidden Commands

In order to test my Huayang VFD After I done some repairs I wanted to run it on a safe Low voltage because I was going to be probing with my scope all over the place

In order to do this I needed to do a couple of mods so the VFD would run on a low AC supply in my case I used a 32 Volt transformer and it all worked sweet I could safely test all input and outputs i.e opto's and igbt's without smoking myself or my test gear.

I was able to run my standard 4kw water cooled spindle all the way up to 24000 rpm yes that's right on 32 volts nice and safe for probing with a scope i also successfully run a couple of drone motors of my quad copter.

An interesting part of this was to tweak the VFD ramp up parameters so the motor would go from 0 to 24000 without losing sync on such a low voltage this was a challenge but I managed it.

Now I was able dramatically change parameters without fear of blowing the VFD or my spindle motor
    something that I would not consider doing on a fully powered 250 Volt VFD.

This give me a great opportunity to test all the available functions on the VFD to see what they really do

As I said Before I had to do a couple of mods to get it to work If anybody is interested in what I did let me know
    One thing I had to do was trick the VFD low voltage error not to rear it's head.

Now I am NOT taking any credit for this tweak as I found it on the net.
    Just to repeat what I found

"you need to set pd200 to 65535 this then allows you change the value in pd209 they said to set it to 100 to stop the error, great LV error fixed"

At the end my repairs and putting back all my standard parameters I noticed that my pd142 was set to 11 amps and it should have been 13 Amps and I could not set it any higher.

After a lot of thinking I realized I must have accidentally changed another Hidden parameter and I did.
    So this led me to explore some more and this is what I have discovered , the values in each of these location below will be different on your VFD so if you play in here (MAKE SURE YOU RIGHT DOWN all you'r values before you make any changes here )

You will not find the default values on the net so make sure you know the value so you can put it back

Some more exploring needs to be done to complete the list below so feel free to update it
    I will add "explore" to the list below these are values that I haven't had time to explore.

Hidden Commands
    pd200 = 65535 this enables the hidden commands it is reset back to 0 after a restart leaving the the new values that you have set to remain as defaults.

pd201 = 65535 Don't know it has this value after you set pd200 to FFFF

pd202 = 1=2.5 2=5 3=7 4=11 5=17 6=25 7=33 8=49 these are in AMPS

Example if you set pd202 to 5 which is 17 Amps then set pd206 to 13 amps this will be the default in pd142 after a reset Note you do not need to do a reset to see the result of the change after setting pd202 to 5 if you then select pd142 you will see it is set to 17 amps

Now I would not set this to a higher value if your VFD is not rated for it
    Hmm But it seems like even the lower rated Huayang VFD's have the same igbt's as the higher rated one's
    maybe some exploring to do here as well.

pd203 = 0 EXPLORE
    pd204 = 0 EXPLORE
    pd205 = 255 EXPLORE
    pd206 = 11 = rated motor current this allows you to increase pd142 rated motor current based on the value in pd202

pd207 = 400 EXPLORE
    pd208 = 370 EXPLORE
    pd209 = 1.1 adjust for LV error I had to set this real low to get rid of this error at 32 volts

All these need to be EXPLORED

pd210 = 40731
    pd211 = 65535
    pd212 = 3032
    pd213 = 0
    pd214 = 1
    pd215 = 120
    pd216 = 1
    pd217 = 80
    pd218 = 0
    p219 = null
    pd220 = 2
    pd221 = 10
    pd222 = 10
    pd223 = 2
    pd224 = 180
    pd225 = 10
    pd226 = 10
    pd227 = 1000
    pd228 = null
    pd229 = null
    pd230 = 255

Cheer's some food for thought.

Re: Huayang VFD Hidden Commands

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_41 View Post
    In order to test my Huayang VFD After I done some repairs I wanted to run it on a safe Low voltage because I was going to be probing with my scope all over the place Cheer's some food for thought.
    Yes I have used the hidden codes, not only in these drives but many other drives as well, I would never post that information here, as it will cause, a whole lot of new problems, for those trying to do the same as what you have, most have a problem with doing the basic Parameter setting
    Mactec54

I'm not going to bother to answer this if you think you are a cut above the rest of us poor stupid people have a good life.

I'm not going to bother to answer this .
    So why did you, my post was necessary

I'm not going to bother to answer this if you think you are a cut above the rest of us poor stupid people have a good life.
    Nobody called anyone poor stupid people !! these words came from you and your thoughts, What you did was far from stupid, doing it for your self, showed you at least did some research and found the code needed to change the parameters so you could do your tests, now are you prepared to spend time ( Hours ) writing post to help someone fix there $150 VFD because they have used these codes, you provided, and now there VFD does not work, these Parameters are not published, or in the support manual for a good reason
    Mactec54