585,752 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Glass Scale

Glass Scale

Can anyone tell me how to disable the glass scale on X axis? Which wire to unplug? Thanks!

Re: Glass Scale

the blue ribbon wire at bottom of x controller card and the one out side the junction box

Quote Originally Posted by denmar View Post
    the blue ribbon wire at bottom of x controller card and the one out side the junction box
    Thanks denmar! Do I need to change anything on the system parameter after I disconnect them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is the little ribbon cable from the scale box. You also have to go into SETP and change the parameter and then you should input the alternate survey in your pitch error comp tables if applicable. You must also check your CS position. You did not specify machine or servo system.. There are differences. AC brushless will have a different zero offset number etc. If you do not do this you will maybe end up on a hard limit and can burn up a motor or blow an amp.. Forgot to say you need to check and seymt backlash also now. Under scales it was set to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by arc8d-drmn View Post
    It is the little ribbon cable from the scale box. You also have to go into SETP and change the parameter and then you should input the alternate survey in your pitch error comp tables if applicable. You must also check your CS position. You did not specify machine or servo system.. There are differences. AC brushless will have a different zero offset number etc. If you do not do this you will maybe end up on a hard limit and can burn up a motor or blow an amp.. Forgot to say you need to check and seymt backlash also now. Under scales it was set to zero.
    Thanks! It's a 3020HT AC servo. I've remove the cable from X axis control board as well as the scale box, I think they are the same. After unplugging those cable and CS the machine, the X axis is now off. I don't see anything on SetP that Relates to scale.

You must set the zero offset for the AC motor under the SV command. Basically jog it to center of table or line up your CS marks and take that number and plug it into the offset. Hit CS again and check again. I thought on page 3 of the SETP it had a feedback parameter. Been a while since I did this. Working on Fanuc and Seimens for the last 15 years.. sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by whagkangmakulet View Post
    Thanks! It's a 3020HT AC servo. I've remove the cable from X axis control board as well as the scale box, I think they are the same. After unplugging those cable and CS the machine, the X axis is now off. I don't see anything on SetP that Relates to scale.

Thanks arc8d-drmn! Did the SV and change my x axis offset from 700 to 1600 after multiple try. Ran it for 8 hours, works great! Thanks everyone!