584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Working with .tcl, .def files for custom CLS file output

Cool Working with .tcl, .def files for custom CLS file output

Hello all,
    Working in NX 7.5.5 and now soon 11.0.
    The Company also works in Catia.
    We will be moving to a post processor that will handle both output. Catia APT and NX CLS files.

I am familiar with the APT side and adjusting the pptables for my desired output. Have also done some work with the standard clsf.tcl files to get some output I need for now but need more.

I am looking for some reading material on the definitions and available language to pull from cells from within NX. (IE. mom_tool_description) I will try to get the info as close as possible moving into the posting software so when done you cannot tell what app produced the NC file. Its a goal. Once I get the correct custom pptable and custom .tcl file in place.

Also maybe something on building equations. EX. Like to only post a spindle rpm if it is check marked for output and not to repeat redundant values if same from one path to the next.

I'm not be apposed for someone that would be willing to help and produce these for me at a cost.

At this point I have a lot of homework on my plate and would like any suggestions.

Thank you.

Re: Working with .tcl, .def files for custom CLS file output

Have you considered using the GPM in NX to post process operations directly rather than a CLSF? CLSF is very old and if you can get the same nc output I would skip using CLS. Some reasons being CLSF in NX will never be enhanced from what it is now and should a new software version break something only major issues will be fixed; no minor bugs will be fixed. I am not a NX post expert but I know you can add a ton of functionality into GPM posts if you know NX posts and Tcl-Tk.
    NX 10.0.3