585,557 active members*
3,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V30 Post

V30 Post

I am contemplating upgrading from V27 to V30, probably just Lathe (unless I get a cracking deal ) as my mill stuff is basic and V27 works great for me but the Lathe side seems to have taken a huge step forward just like V27 did.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows whether a Lathe post processor for V27 would work in V30?
    Usually I could just try it but looks like you no longer get code for the first few days with the Demo

My Posts have quite a few things customised in them hence the reason I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I am contemplating upgrading from V27 to V30, probably just Lathe (unless I get a cracking deal ) as my mill stuff is basic and V27 works great for me but the Lathe side seems to have taken a huge step forward just like V27 did.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows whether a Lathe post processor for V27 would work in V30?
    Usually I could just try it but looks like you no longer get code for the first few days with the Demo

My Posts have quite a few things customised in them hence the reason I am asking.
    Dealing with your customizations can be pretty straigt forward witha good diff program (i have one). Some of the variables and blocks have changed a bit, so that needs a trained eye to convert. The more important change would be in the posting engine itself. So i would definitely want to start with a v30 base.

Without posting your actual customized post here, can you point to the base post that you started with to customize your current one? I can give you some insight to the difference.

Also, you should contact bobcad to get a "posting demo" working... i am pretty sure they would do that for you....

Re: V30 Post

Thanks for the reply BurrMan.
    To be honest I can't remember all of the things I did but I know threading was one, tapping was another although that may just have been on the Mill one, will have to look.

It was originally a Mach3 metric post I think, probably a V24 or maybe V25.