585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > VK45 CRT doesn't come on. Please help!

VK45 CRT doesn't come on. Please help!

Hi All,

Have a Hitachi Seiki VK45 with a seicos m2. CRT will not come on at power on. Can see a slight orange light at back of CRT tube but nothing on the screen and hydraulics and servos will not start. Ideas?

Re: VK45 CRT doesn't come on. Please help!

When you turn on the control does it fire up - I know you cant see anything on the control screen but look at the control rack and confirm that the lights on the cards are on/ blinking as normal

john

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    When you turn on the control does it fire up - I know you cant see anything on the control screen but look at the control rack and confirm that the lights on the cards are on/ blinking as normal

john
    Yes. The servo LEDs are all green. I have no lights on the front card in the rack, but I'm not sure if there are any. Fanuc and Yaskawa guy...not very familiar with the seicos controls.

On the rack there will be boards that should have lights. If you aren't seeing any on any of the boards I'm guessing the control isn't firing up - likely the Power supply. Take another good look around the boards, there are stacks of led's on the long edges of them, you should see something if it does in fact fire up. Also when you power on the control the lights behind the buttons on the panel should come on to indicate the control turned on. Check these items out and let me know

John

I have no lights on the boards. Also, I dug a little deeper and found what I believe is the power supply (HS-01). It has terminals all the way across the top. All voltages are good except the 24v terminals. these are zero and there are two red LEDs lit on the board. LED2A and LED2B.