584,866 active members*
5,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Small notches in circles

Hello all -

I'm cutting some 3/8" inch holes via makercam.com gcode. The hole are the correct diameter, but I'm getting small notches on one side of the holes in the same spot (north side of hole). It's about 1/16" in size. Given that the hole comes out the right size other than the notch, I don't think it's an issue of defining the bit size incorrectly. I'm not doing a fill pattern on these as the cuts again are only 3/8" inside cut pattern so the small piece left just falls out harmlessly.

Tried slowly down the speeds a few times - same result. I'm pretty sure that the notch is being made on the initial plunge into the hole.

Thoughts here?

Re: Small notches in circles

Don't plunge.
    You're probably getting some deflection during the plunge, which is leaving a mark. Either plunge away from the cut line, then move into the cut, or try to ramp in.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Will try to do that. Given the limited options that I have with makercam, I may just try to plunge at a slower rate? If that fails, I think I'll have no choice but do look for other software options to give me greater options such as those that you suggested. Thanks for your reply.

Hello Otto1234:

I was monitoring new registrations for the weekend and saw your entry. I was suspicious so I reviewed your profile.
    I came very close to reporting you as a spammer; until I saw your posts.

Obviously, you are a legitimate user.

Your listed website is parked: ottoschmitz.com
    Your email is obviously false so you cannot receive email at a parked website
    And, I strongly doubt that you are 100 years old as your "birthday" information indicates.

Clean up your profile. You have until Friday 10/6/2017 to accomplish that task.
    You will be banned after that date if your profile is not updated/corrected with legitimate information.

Kind Regards,
    Mike

My email actually is [email protected] and yes, you can set up email on a personal domain without also having a website set up for that. I had my website up, but I've since taken it down until I'm ready to release a few new products. However, that is what my website will be.

You're welcome to send me an email at that address.

No, I'm not 100 years old, which is the only incorrect info on my profile, which I would fix if you had taken the time to message me directly. But, you've been both ignorant and rude in your approach so feel free to delete my account.

Quote Originally Posted by shuwal View Post
    Hello Otto1234:

I was monitoring new registrations for the weekend and saw your entry. I was suspicious so I reviewed your profile.
    I came very close to reporting you as a spammer; until I saw your posts.

Obviously, you are a legitimate user.

Your listed website is parked: ottoschmitz.com
    Your email is obviously false so you cannot receive email at a parked website
    And, I strongly doubt that you are 100 years old as your "birthday" information indicates.

Clean up your profile. You have until Friday 10/6/2017 to accomplish that task.
    You will be banned after that date if your profile is not updated/corrected with legitimate information.

Kind Regards,
    Mike