584,860 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Slant-Pro Re-Sale Value ?

Hi All,

I am considering selling my Slant-Pro and would like to know what a reasonable re-sale price would be, would it be in the cost less 20% range or plus or minus a certain percentage? I realize it’s a bit subjective but just would like to see if it’s even worth my time to try and sell it. I don’t have all the part numbers and costs gathered yet, will do that once I decide what to do, but the new costs for everything was about 19k, it’s setup for both QCTP and gang tooling, lots of tooling and just about every accessory Tormach has to offer except the turret.

I just don’t have very much use for it and it’s taking up valuable floor space that I’d like to free up. Now that they offer the rapid turn, that would be able to handle 95% of the lathe work that I need and even at that, I do very little lathe work. I bought the machine back in May of 2015 and only have about 15-20 hours of run time on it since then.

Your thought and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Re: Slant-Pro Re-Sale Value ?

Used machinery, in very clean condition, typically goes for 20-40% off "MSRP". BUT, that is very subject to location, timing, and just plain luck. If you're in a hurry, mark it down. IF you're not, ask more, and see what offers you get. Luck is still probably the over-riding factor, as there is not a huge market for such things, and it's really not practical, or cost-effective, to ship, so you have to find someone local, or willing to travel to pick it up. Also consider how you'd get it out of your shop and into a pickup or trailer.

It took me years to sell my CNC knee mill (with ATC!), and it finally went for about what I paid for the original, manual, machine, But, at least it went to a nice young guy who I'm sure will put it to good use.

Where is the machine located?

Regards,
    Ray L.

I'm located in Massachusetts. No real hurry to sell, would be nice to sell before winter but could always wait until spring. Tough decision to make, i've been contemplating it for months now, don't really want to get rid of it but would be great to have the space back, right now I have an 1100, Slant-pro, surface grinder Acer Prototrak, small 10x20 lathe, couple 3d printers and my pseudo office all in a 16 x 24 garage. Which would be the main reason to not want to deal with it during the winter as it's a lot to move out of the way.

I suspect you could easily get 80% of the purchase price, since there are not a lot of these around, and not a lot of similar sized machines. Advertise on the classifieds here on cnczone, and also post it for sale on the facebook Tormach site, and I bet you will get some interest.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Wish you were closer to Georgia. Looking to pick a used one up. Good luck with the sale.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

I did not know about the Facebook group, but then again I don't have a Facebook. I would have to start one. This sounds like a good option though, thanks for the recommendation.

In the meantime I will get a list of options together to post. If anyone is interested in the meantime, please feel free to pm me. I would post it hear but understand it's against forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Concepts_Design View Post
    I did not know about the Facebook group, but then again I don't have a Facebook. I would have to start one. This sounds like a good option though, thanks for the recommendation.

In the meantime I will get a list of options together to post. If anyone is interested in the meantime, please feel free to pm me. I would post it hear but understand it's against forum rules.
    I really do not understand why it would be against the rules for an end user (not a machine sales company), posting in the "Tormach" section, who wants to let other like minded folks (like me) know they are selling their machine........ Makes sense to me....

I just wish you were closer to GA - if you were, we'd be loading the machine today.

Awall

I paid about $12.5K for a similar packaged slant pro with some really nice tooling.

David

I've decided to sell the lathe now. If anyone is interested, please dm me for details

I tried to sell my CNC a long time ago at cnczone but failed. Not so many people are interested in buying in a used ready-made system, many prefer to make it what is called for themselves. But you can give a try

Quote Originally Posted by Concepts_Design View Post
    Hi All,

I am considering selling my Slant-Pro and would like to know what a reasonable re-sale price would be, would it be in the cost less 20% range or plus or minus a certain percentage? I realize it’s a bit subjective but just would like to see if it’s even worth my time to try and sell it. I don’t have all the part numbers and costs gathered yet, will do that once I decide what to do, but the new costs for everything was about 19k, it’s setup for both QCTP and gang tooling, lots of tooling and just about every accessory Tormach has to offer except the turret.

I just don’t have very much use for it and it’s taking up valuable floor space that I’d like to free up. Now that they offer the rapid turn, that would be able to handle 95% of the lathe work that I need and even at that, I do very little lathe work. I bought the machine back in May of 2015 and only have about 15-20 hours of run time on it since then.

Your thought and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Store it in my shop. You can come over when you need to make something, and I'll put it to work the rest of the time. Might even be willing to put an hour meter on it, and keep a ledger of time used and pay you a percentage of paying work done with it. I'm only kidding a little bit. LOL.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    I suspect you could easily get 80% of the purchase price, since there are not a lot of these around, and not a lot of similar sized machines. Advertise on the classifieds here on cnczone, and also post it for sale on the facebook Tormach site, and I bet you will get some interest.
    Could someone post a link to the Facebook site mentioned here? I googled it and there were a few that came up. Want to make sure I join the right one.

Looking to unload the lathe, accessories and tooling as quickly as possible. My preference is to sell everything together but that's not likely. So once I'm able to sell the machine I'll sell the rest of it off individually.

Were you ever able to get it sold?

(didn't see that the original was so old -- nevermind)

I have a slant pro lathe in Raleigh NC that I will be listing. Gang tooling, no turret. Also has aloris style post, 3 jaw chuck, and collet closer (uninstalled)

Probably going to be asking $7500 for everything.

If you're serious about selling your Slant Pro for $7500, please let me know. I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RussMachine View Post
    If you're serious about selling your Slant Pro for $7500, please let me know. I'm interested.
    I would be a backup purchaser to RussMachine if he backs out. I'm located in North Georgia.

Can you post up pics?

Dang, you guys are quick to respond. I'll get in line too.

This is the land of the free market. The way to get in line is to say "I offer <$7500+X>"

If I had the space, I'd make an offer, but sadly, no.

Apparently I should have asked for more than $7500 .

(Only kidding), but didn't really realize this would have had as many replies as I am seeing.

It'll be this weekend before I am able to take better pictures but here is one from when I was moving it in to the shop. Please excuse the mess - it looks a lot better now .

I am pretty confident it has at least two different gang plates, the axa style holder (might be bxa sized) with a toolholder or two, have boring bars to go with it, a couple tool holders, some other small tooling. Computer of course would be included as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57914475736__35FB0F7C-252A-45E0-A329-0F1FF6F9EB28.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	425500

Page 1 of 2 12