Hello to all. This is my first CNC Router build and I have already learned more than I ever dreamed I would.

I do have a fully operational machine, but seems to e that I should be able to get faster speeds from her. Pictures are attached for clarity of my build and some specs.

Currently, I can only obtain 15 in/min feed rate. The machine will operate on manual input command of higher speeds in one direction or the other (X by itself, Y by itself). Couple different directions together during full on G Code operation and the Y axis is the only axis shuddering from resonance at any speed above 18 in/min.

I have changed the initial speed and acceleration on the axis in question as well to find that no setting I change has any positive effect.

So I dig into the internet, deep, and find harmonic dampers to be the solution for many. I find a build and machine it (picture) and the shudder happens more often now. Seems to me this should be impossible??

Everything (gantry rails/rollers, carriage rails/rollers, lead screws manually turn easily) seems to be right as rain. What confuses me is that the X axis (heaviest load) and Z axis (lightest load) operate flawlessly. The Y axis is the only problem, which does seem to be the case across the internet as well.

While I am happy to have found a speed that works, there are concerns I have with such a slow speed. One, the sheer amount of time it takes for more detailed operations. Two, burning of the end mill bit because of such slow speeds (still playing with the spindle speed itself to help with this).

The only thing (aside from this forum) I haven't tried is to purchase a new stepper motor in the off chance I have a flawed motor installed.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Good day to all and thank you in advance.