585,931 active members*
3,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Looks like I need to start looking for a replacement for my second plasmacam machine

Looks like I need to start looking for a replacement for my second plasmacam machine

I am on my second plasmacam table and I just tried to upgrade computers but plasmacam now blackmails users to get there latest software before providing support so they wont tell me how to get the new computer to recognize that the table is hooked into the parallel port.. I am not looking to pay another $4200 dollars for software + the new computer to get back to what I could do before the upgrade. Anyone have any good alternatives with good customer support?

Re: Looks like I need to start looking for a replacement for my second plasmacam mach

I purchased a XP machine off of eBay for $75. It had a parallel port on the motherboard. I tried newer machines with windows 7,8 & 10 and used a parallel to usb with no luck. The XP machine has been running my EZ router for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Looks like I need to start looking for a replacement for my second plasmacam mach

I own a Plasmacam DHC2 model and I love it. I have already cut miles & miles of metal on this machine and it has continued to work smoothly and beautifully. But I'm thinking about upgrading to the Sampson next month and I have high hopes from that too.

ez router and forrest scientific