585,717 active members*
3,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas Graphics Mode - changing display speed?

Haas Graphics Mode - changing display speed?

Is there a way to slow down or change the rate at which operations are processed/displayed while in graphics mode?

Control is from late 2006, if it matters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdoherty View Post
    Is there a way to slow down or change the rate at which operations are processed/displayed while in graphics mode?

Control is from late 2006, if it matters.

Thanks
    try slowing donw your rapid to 5% if not you can run it in DNC mode but im not sure that will slow it down,
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

and turn your feed down you can use the handle to controle the feed to get even slower
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

If those dont work PM Geof he has forgot more about Haas than i will probably ever know

Zooming in seems to slow it down a little.

No luck with either the preset feed rate overrides (5%, 25% etc) or the handwheel feedrate override control.

Single block does work in Graphics Mode, but it can get a bit tedious for a long program.

I seem to remember that there is a way to 'single block' through a program with the hand wheel... or am I imagining that?

Thanks for the quick replies.

You can single block through the graphic mode. Just select single block in the upper right side of the control panel. Cycle start single blocks through

slow down graphics

no way to slow down graphics with that control, haas has a faster processor (cold fire)on some of the later model machines. early 2006 machines could be slowed down by larger scale on display. not on new control. enlarge and single block through program . press f3 and f4 this shows offset and programs, easier to follow .

No luck with either the preset feed rate overrides (5%, 25% etc) or the handwheel feedrate override control.

Single block does work in Graphics Mode, but it can get a bit tedious for a long program.

I seem to remember that there is a way to 'single block' through a program with the hand wheel... or am I imagining that?

There is a way to use the handwheel. Go into Settings and you will find somewhere one that says something like handwheel to cycle start or single block (or something). When this is turned on the handwheel gives a block with every click. I think there is also one that makes handwheel + give cycle start and handwheel - feed hold. I am not near a manual so I can't look it up.

I agree the graphics run way too fast on the new machines and it is difficult to follow.

try setting your Z 2. above the part and actuly dryrun the part in gaph. mode, not sure if you can do this on Haas but you can on fanuc

Dear Haas user(s),

Single block mode does work in graphics. If you would like to easily single block thru a program, simply turn on setting 104 (Jog handle to single block). You still need to press cycle start to initiate the program, then turn the hand wheel counterclockwise. Each click will be one block of the program. Turning the wheel clockwise is for feed hold when in memory mode. Pressing F3 and F4 in graphics mode are helpfull features for added visibility of work coordinates and program. Feel free to email me directly if you have any more questions or need any assistance regarding operation of your Haas machine tool. Thank you for choosing Haas Automation, Inc. as your machine tool provider.

i work with hass machines all the time.. it does have a option in setting to slow it down to some precentage... go to ur settings and look for it.. cncmachiningzone.com

Changing graphics speed

Dear cncmachiningzon,

Thank you so much for your input. Please allow me to correct you regarding your comment. There is no setting or parameter to change the speed at which graphics mode is performed. Please refer to my previous reply regarding this matter. I would be more than glad to clarify what the settings that you are pointing out do if you tell me which ones you are talking about. I think this would be very informative for us all. I will be anxiously waiting. Hope all is well at your place of employment and that the haas machines are running great as expected. Please let me know if there is anything I can do as a Haas representative to direct you in the efficient use of our equipment.

Regards,

thanks for the haas representive to answer my question.. i have aother problem during my work where my coolant doesnt turn off right after it sees M9 it take a few second for it to get the coolant off.. is that a valve problem or something i even tried putting M9 few lines before but still it takes a while for it to stop the coolant i will a appriciate any comment..

The coolant keeping flowing has been discussed a few times here. It seems to be due mostly to the plastic coolant lines stretching under the pressure when the coolant pump is running and then contracting a causing coolant to flow after the pump turns off.

Don't know if this will help in your case but we have that same problem on an SL-40 lathe with the high pressure coolant option. Changing the filter cures it.