584,829 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > Work Fixtures / Hold-Down Solutions > Filter Upgrade for regenerative blower, looking for advice

Filter Upgrade for regenerative blower, looking for advice

We are getting ready to upgrade the filter for our regenerative blower. We have a Chinese blower, XGB-14, 10HP 3 phase, rated to 283CFM

I am not sure the CFM rating on the existing filter, but it definitely cant be 283... the ports on the filter are 1-1/2' (the blower has 2" ports) and there is a 90 at the bottom of the filter.

I am shopping for a new filter assembly - my minimums are 2" ports and 300 CFM, trying to keep it under $700 I have a few options listed below;

• From our local air supplier, Pacific Air Compressor I can get an off the shelf unit rated to 300CFM for $663
    • Get something like this off Ebay for $250 (this looks like our filter only larger)
    • Something like this one from Ebay for $520 - no experience with filters like this in a vacuum system although seems very similar to our pneumatic filters
    • This used Solberg from Ebay for $412 is really tempting with the 800CFM rating and 4" ports, very upgradeable. It doesnt have a filter element but I think that would be easy to source.
    • The final option is to go shop built. I built one of these filters for our last vacuum pump - I built a canister with 4" ABS ports, a shopvac filter slides over 4" ABS so that is what i used as my element. This actually worked pretty darn well, not sure what CFM it could pull, but I am sure I could figure it out.

Anyone see any reasons to go with or not to go with any of the above options?

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Re: Filter Upgrade for regenerative blower, looking for advice

Diesel truck air filter? Maybe see what K&N has to offer. https://www.knfilters.com/default.aspx
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Diesel truck air filter? Maybe see what K&N has to offer. https://www.knfilters.com/default.aspx

Good call, I found this one right here that is rated to 1225CFM - https://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...x?prod=RU-3220 Unless I find a real cheap Ebay option I think that building a filter is the move here.

Do you know a good source to find an empty canister?

The K&N filters don't use a canister. If you want a canister style, then I would find a local heavy truck wrecking yard or maybe any local auto wrecking yard. A large air compressor filter would work also, but that might be expensive.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

This seems like a good move, thanks for the advice.