584,812 active members*
5,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NCStudio help.

I recently bought a CNC from china (M1325x 4X8 cnc). that came with NCStudio. Im using Vetric Pro to design my projects which I have been using on another machine (China made) for 3 years now. On that machine I use Mach3 and have never had an issue. However with NCStudio I seem to be having issues with scaling. After several tries with an actual project with no luck I decided to make a 4X6 inch box and convert that to every NCstudio post processor (as well as a few others) that Vcarve had. What ended up happening was it started carving a 9X17 inch box. I looked at every setting that I could find in both programs but honestly there is a lot that Im not under standing. Does this sound familiar to anyone out there. I sure could use the help

Re: NCStudio help.

Take a look at your steps per unit settings. It sounds like you've got it set to take more than twice as many as required.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Take a look at your steps per unit settings. It sounds like you've got it set to take more than twice as many as required.
    Thanks I will. I'm not at the machine at the moment but I dont remember seeing that option in NCStudio. I can set it in Mach3 but haven't installed my breakout board yet. I will take a look at this this morning