584,829 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > FlashCut CNC > Exceeds machine evn....error. How to resolve?

Exceeds machine evn....error. How to resolve?

Playing with fusion360 and flashcut software and have a few questions.
    I have the flashcut post process all setup. coolant is disabled in the tools, but gcode still shows a few m9 commands. How can I post process without any M9 commands so I don't have to manually edit them all out?

The bigger issue is I keep getting an exceeds machine envelope error. I have changed the starting origin in fusion 360 and moved the part around and the error keeps changing or getting less and less. I have no idea what I'm doing and a little confused. Just by changing the starting point from bottom left to center of the object it gave me an exceeds machine envelope for Z axis even though they are both the same height.

Any thoughts on what I'm going wrong ?

Thanks

Re: Exceeds machine evn....error. How to resolve?

It sounds like you've got a fairly large part, so that when you change the X-Y origin it is pushed over the edge. If your Z range is small, switching to a center in the middle of the part rather than the top will do the same thing. Check the overall dimensions of the part you're trying to make, and the dimensions you've input as the machine's limits, and position the part so it fits.

Is your machine stopping on each of those M-codes? If not, just ignore them. If so, you can either edit your post to keep them from being added (ask Flashcut for help with that if you can't figure it out) or bring the program into Notepad and use the search-and-destroy function to edit them out.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Where do you input the machine dimensions in Fusion?

The part is 2.”x4”

Figured it out. I kept setting the machine to zero and I dont have homing switches so maybe it thinks it can't move.
    If I go to machine and set it to clear they all read N/A and it will now cut. Got my first few test cuts in tonight!

clearing the machine zero definitely isn't the right thing to do, something else is up. either your machine size/envelope isn't setup properly or something in the gcode. turning off machine zero to NA turns off the check that it thinks its going over the envelope, if when your run it, it doesn't bind or run out of movement the settings aren't right. Its a worthwhile thing to add.

i use fusion360 with flashcut and no home switches, and it is fine.

i set a machine zero at the limit of movement at the hardware, then i set my program zero to the stock corner ( back, left for me ) then load the GCODE.

if you are still getting m9 you have to edit the post processor in fusion and remove them by hand, or just add them to do nothing in flashcut

Hmm, I'll have to message you once I get it up and running again. Be nice to work with someone who knows it better than I do.
    I did disable some of the m codes in the software

Quote Originally Posted by charliex View Post
    clearing the machine zero definitely isn't the right thing to do, something else is up. either your machine size/envelope isn't setup properly or something in the gcode. turning off machine zero to NA turns off the check that it thinks its going over the envelope, if when your run it, it doesn't bind or run out of movement the settings aren't right. Its a worthwhile thing to add.

i use fusion360 with flashcut and no home switches, and it is fine.

i set a machine zero at the limit of movement at the hardware, then i set my program zero to the stock corner ( back, left for me ) then load the GCODE.

if you are still getting m9 you have to edit the post processor in fusion and remove them by hand, or just add them to do nothing in flashcut
    I'm up and running on the taig now. I have a few questions, think you can help me out?

sure, whats up

Won't let me PM you.

On your taig, is it ballscrew? This one is with the flashcut 6amp motors and 2.5amp cards.
    What should my settings be? With the setting as pictured I did a 1"x1" box but it measured .94"
    Someone recommended I change it to 1.0 and 10.16. I did this and cut a 1.25" square and got 1.22".

Could you also share some of your settings or setup file? Seems every time I try to zero out the machine settings it gives me an error. I have to disable it. I'd like to setup soft limits of a home position. Then zero out my work piece cut and it still knows where home zero is and part 0. But I can't figure it out

Also I feel if I have something backwards. If I push y+ the bed should move away from me? Because it was cutting opposite and I ran into the vice. I had that issue a few times on the maxnc. Like the setup file didn't get saved correctly or it just defaulted back. However that could be laptop related too, but I just want to get all my basic settings right so I can start to play around a bit with some consistency.

I have another taig mill with lead screws I want to setup but I may build a kit and play with mach3 just to have fun with.

I have sooooo given up on the maxnc. The new consew motor I put on it **** the bed, after the original motor smoked and the 1/2hp motor came in DOA not to mention a million other issues that came up

If it's easier to email me that would be a huge help. [email protected]

lol I feel dumb. just had to click on the threads to change it to metric. lol 1 problem solved

When setting up soft limits. do you set machine zero to the back left most 0 point? And should I zero out all 3 (program, relative, and machine) at that point then once I get my work piece in I can rezero it there?