585,591 active members*
2,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BOBCAD 21 abandoned By Bocad .......HELP

BOBCAD 21 abandoned By Bocad .......HELP

Hi I just called BOBCAD and they told me they would not register my 5 seats of BC21 anymore. I was so pissed ! I run MAstercam and Solidworks now days but I have old files with the CAD saved that cannot be converted. I understand not supporting it BUT I paid for the programming and they should either make it open source or give us a way top install it. Anyone else have this issue? I tried their 25 and paid for it . At that time it blue screened all of my computers. We never found a solution so we abandoned it. Bobcad could not fix it either so Bye bye to my old friend. I have used BC since 1995 and I was just floored that they threw away our relationship. I would appreciate any ideas or comments on ways to get the program running again. My Email [email protected] if you have ideas.

Re: BOBCAD 21 abandoned By Bocad .......HELP

Yeah, got a solution but it does involve restoring from your last working backup.
    I'm guessing given your approach with hardware you don't bother with full and incremental backups of your business-critical hardware?

al depoloe will help you out... speak with him directly

i to think they should at least make past version available to those that have purchased and stop always trying to get you to upgrade..
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Yeah, got a solution but it does involve restoring from your last working backup.
    I'm guessing given your approach with hardware you don't bother with full and incremental backups of your business-critical hardware?

Yes I get that.... I have it on other computers with system backups for new drives and so on BUT the point is I paid for this software. They should make it open source. I still think it was the best software they ever made. IMHO it killed Mastercam of that era dos era. Mastercam finally got the message.... update or die. Anyway apparently this has fallen on deaf ears with bobcad...

" I still think it was the best software they ever made."

I just spit coffee on my computer screen.
    Thanks,going to be a great day

This is your contact if you want your 21 re energized. I am very satisfied with the service...but Kenny asked me this question... Why didn't you tell the person on the phone that you had 10,000 files with the .cad file name? REALLY I did!!! Why should I have to explain when I have 5 seats? Don't make sense. I also said why not just make it open source.... Never will happen. Someone said best software they ever made.... For me it was their pinnacle.solidworks.BobCAD-CAM, Inc
    Kenny Stiles

28200 US Hwy 19 N Suite E

Clearwater, FL 33761

727-442-3554 ext 117

[email protected] I received a call from them and they fixed me up. AMEN ! I have over 10,000 files that were not accessible! The support folks were top
    shelf!
    Thanks Bobcad! It runs in WIN 10!!
    Ddr