I recently picked this Milltronics Partner 1F up and got power hooked up to it today. I bought it sight unseen from a company that was using it up until about 6 months ago when, according to them, wouldn't home anymore. They decided they didn't want to deal with it and outsourced their CNC needs. I figured it could be as simple as bad limit switches or wiring, and for $1,750 I couldn't couldn't wrong.

I first powered up the computer alone off of 120v. Besides a low CMOS battery, which after looking at has some corrosion and needs to be replaced anyways, everything seemed to check out. I need to get some floppies to save the parameters before the battery craps out, and a DIN adapter for my keyboard.

Then I ran my single phase power to L1 and L3 and turned it on. No funny noises, everything seemed to power on. Sweet.
On the control main page I tried the jog and handwheel buttons to move the spindle off the blocks used during transport, but got an Error 450 E-Stop Condition. Kept pressing Esc to exit the error.

Then I pressed the Reset button next to the e-stop and the Z and Y axis both made rapid movements! The Z moved down about 4 inches from the table surface, which was still blocked with 3 2x4s mind you. And the Y moved back, past its limits and almost looks to be touching the back column now. Because they moved at the same time the wood managed to pop out.

Now why would the reset button make those move?

And I tried looking into the 450 error. Some threads saying that too much incoming voltage could cause problems. I checked my incoming at 239v. Will I have to look into some kinda of buck/boost transformer to lower it to 220v?

Hopefully I'm not in too far over my head here and can get this up and running with some guidance.