584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Kira VTC 30

Page 7 of 7 567

Re: Kira VTC 30

Yes, I know that.
    I can not solve the tuning of the servo myself.
    1 set 12 mm spindle and nut = 700 Euro
    1 set 10 mm spindle and nut = 120 Euro

Cool Re: Kira VTC 30

Time for a short update again with some pictures.

I've used the machine a bit lately making usefull stuff at home. I have some customer projects incomming but doing series production is a PITA without a bandsaw so I'm holing back until that arrives First up is a passive cooling block for my 18650 spot welder. Next is a blind holder. The machine is performing great now

I installed a Renishaw TS20 probe on the machine and it's been so great. I tested to probe the same tool 5 times and it repeats down to within +/- 0.00015mm. It's designed for a lathe so I don't have the proper stylus for measuring tools yet. Have to figure out how to install the same gear as a TS27R probe has or just get a TS27R. If I where to install this permanently I need to have a conduit kit (steel braided tubing over the cable) but I can't figure out what kind of kit I need..

https://youtu.be/Sdg-78OS1jc

Some filter maintenance. I installed this because I saw NYC CNC recommended it in a video. It sure looks like it's working avoiding regrinding of chips that comes with coolant.

Filters on cooling fans for VFD and braking resistor was worse than I thought. I didn't have the proper filter material so I just soaked them in soap and let them dry overnight. It can't get any worse than it was ^^

Yesterday I got a little helper in the cnc room She was helping out on some probing macros on the whiteboard

Updated picture of my desk at the machine. Still lacking a lot but it's getting there At least I can spot the desk after I cleaned up some the other day Back to machining now :banana:

I've not been very good at updates here lately but I figured that I could add some pictures from todays project. I got a similar vice to the one I have so I can install two vices and run more parts in one operation. This required new clamps for the vice and since I could not use alu clamps I found some steel and went ahead to test that. I've never milled steel on this machine before so this was a new experience. I'm using a Gühring RF100 diver and a sandvik facemill for the job. It didn't have perfect finish but it's good enough for clamps. Need to study some on why there is some kind of "ringing" in the surface on both the sandvik and the RF100.

Short video of the job here:
    https://youtu.be/xOQt6eFhJHE

Hi . read all of this respect!

hello,

i saw you had a nice kira vtc30.

i am looking at this machine and i have some question, if you can help me.

On some documentation I find a Y stroke of 290mm and other 250mm. Can you confirm these values
    x: 440mm; z: 270mm?

I wonder about its dimensions, because I have a small workshop.
    Would it be possible to send me a copy of the machine's footprint, if you have it?

thank you in advance for your help

regards
    LAurent

HI dear!! very good!!! you can send to me ladder? please!!!!!

I have a Mori Seiki with Fanuc OMC without TAPE option and I need to drip feed. Who can help me?

hello , i have a question about the macro to save the Z value. Can you show how you wrote it.

Do you have a wiring diagram of how I connected this probe

Hello!
    I have a Kira VTC30 (1990). I probably got it with a wrong parameter list. Batteries were discharged. There was no saving from the machine. There are only parameters on paper with several corrections. Sleds work, spindle rotates, tool change position (G30 Z0) goes. Tool changer in MDI does not rotate. When rotating manually, tool changer turns about 1/3 and locks up. No error message. Can someone send me a parameter list and tool change macro?
    Thanks!
    Peter

Hello , I have the parametrs

Quote Originally Posted by DPeti77 View Post
    Hello!
    I have a Kira VTC30 (1990). I probably got it with a wrong parameter list. Batteries were discharged. There was no saving from the machine. There are only parameters on paper with several corrections. Sleds work, spindle rotates, tool change position (G30 Z0) goes. Tool changer in MDI does not rotate. When rotating manually, tool changer turns about 1/3 and locks up. No error message. Can someone send me a parameter list and tool change macro?
    Thanks!
    Peter
    I have paremeters

Hello!
    I managed to fix the machine. A cable was tied at the relays. All functions are now working.

Page 7 of 7 567