584,862 active members*
5,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Program a blank Fanuc 31i-B hard key on control?

Program a blank Fanuc 31i-B hard key on control?

I have several spare blank buttons on my 31i-B and want to program them with m-code functions like m24 (chip conveyor forward).

I looked all over the internet trying to find a description of how to do that unsuccessfully. Fanuc claimed they knew how and are visiting Monday on a paid service call to update the 31i software version so the softkey stroke mapping is identical to other 31is on our floor, but fanuc said they will not program hard keys because it is a "liability", and they have some agreement with Doosan to refuse this work to fanuc customers.

The dealer support for my machine was last at my shop a few weeks back and the service tech did not know how to program the button, but understood the purpose of those buttons was for future programmed functions- aka they are working buttons that dont have a defined function, that exist to support add on accessories like auto doors, chip conveyors, etc.

Re: Program a blank Fanuc 31i-B hard key on control?

if the key is giving signal to the input/output screen or diagnose screen will be easy to implement,you have to take that signal and build in the ladder the equation need it for that.After you finish the ladder and get an output to a Y coil you need to make the electrical part inserting a new 24V relay with 110V contacts hat will go to the actuators for chip conveyor.
    if i were you i should start first checking the ladder,maybe the ladder is already prepared for this function but is not activated,ussualy theu activate it by a keep relay.
    if you can send me the ladder i can say to you if you have it or not.
    [email protected]

No need to add hardware if the M24 works now, just string a latch circuit parallel to the M24. Doosan may have the ladder passcode protected though.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Did you ever get this working Zava ? I have some buttons I’d like to use as well.

[email protected] if you need support