585,604 active members*
3,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Encoder wiring

Hello all
    I am new to the CNC world and thought, what a better place to learn.
    I recently purchased an older Techno/Isel CNC router table and am upgrading all the electronics.

I am building a new control box with 3 Gecko G320x drivers and a PMDX-126 break out board.
    The table has Techno/Isel servo motors with DRC TK731 8E21 500-B encoders.
    My problem is that I cant find any specs online showing what wire is what to connect the above encoders to the new Gecko drives.

I have found some data sheets online for other DRC encoders showing the wire info and they all seem to have the same colour codes, but am a little leary to just wing it.

So I thought I would use all of your experiences.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Wayne

Re: Encoder wiring

Quote Originally Posted by dhc2beaver View Post
    Hello all
    I recently purchased an older Techno/Isel CNC router table and am upgrading all the electronics.

I am building a new control box with 3 Gecko G320x drivers and a PMDX-126 break out board.
    My problem is that I cant find any specs online showing what wire is what to connect the above encoders to the new Gecko drives.

I have found some data sheets online for other DRC encoders showing the wire info and they all seem to have the same colour codes, but am a little leary to just wing it.

Cheers
    Wayne
    Any luck with this? I seemed to have the same issue, don't know how to connect the encoder to gecko!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhc2beaver View Post
    Hello all

Cheers
    Wayne

Hello Wayne

Try this, it should point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
    Hello Wayne

Try this, it should point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man
    This is very good information, but is only for mechanical installation. I am looking for the wiring diagram for the same encoder. Unfortunately, DRC was bought out and then the parent company got bought out. So it looks like there is no information on this encoder on the Internet. Do you happen to know where any old DRC documentation might have landed?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zimbrich View Post
    This is very good information, but is only for mechanical installation. I am looking for the wiring diagram for the same encoder. Unfortunately, DRC was bought out and then the parent company got bought out. So it looks like there is no information on this encoder on the Internet. Do you happen to know where any old DRC documentation might have landed?

Thanks!
    ...I would be guessing but, I'll bet the color Code is the same on other DRC encoders. For example found this pdf for a TK91

Quote Originally Posted by zimbrich View Post

Thanks!

This has DRC stuff in it. Not sure if it's right but worth a browse through.
    http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/~tcs3/...der_primer.pdf