584,841 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Biesse Rover A FT -Nesting -Biesse Editor manual override of nesting algorithm

Question Biesse Rover A FT -Nesting -Biesse Editor manual override of nesting algorithm

Hi there, everyone. I am a Biesse Rover A Ft processing centre operator (just an operator), and I have a question regarding the Biesse Editor. My technical english is very limited, don't really know the english terms for cnc/nesting activity, so I will try to describe my problem in detail.
    During work, I am getting preset orders form technicians, wich I load in Biesse editor, set the Panel parameters and execute the Nesting, wich give me the resulting panels to be executed (Result). Here comes the problem. The nesting algorithm (or whatever that is) is organizing the pieces in a very unconvenient manner. For example, if I have like 10-20 very thin slats -among many other pieces - (2000x50 slats for example), in the resulting panel I will have them grouped together for execution, wich results that there will be too many cuts/mills in a very small area, so the router will eventually push them away due to loosing vaccum in that area. Result is spoiled piece, scrap, lots of them, practically I am loosing all pieces but the first. So I am trying to find a way to manually override the piece arrangement on the resulting panel after nesting has been generated (like puting one thin, then one bigger piece, then a thing again, for keeping the vacuum). My technicians and engineers have no clue about how to solve this issue. Question: is this possible to manually modify the resulting panel arrangement? If yes, then please give a very detailed description on how to do that (I am very new to this whole process, this is a new job I just fresh). Thanks for any input in advance, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Biesse Rover A FT -Nesting -Biesse Editor manual override of nesting algorithm

Anyone? up...

Re: Biesse Rover A FT -Nesting -Biesse Editor manual override of nesting algorithm

Have you tried to onion skin (two pass) cut your nests?

In routing instruction set vertical passes = 2 and final pass = 1
    In optimiser data tick "through machining at end"

Hope that helps.

Thank you big time, Miz, I will try to find these settings, although I must admit (ashamed, head down, looks into dirt, standing from one foot on another) I have no ideea what you just said and/or where to look for them. They gave me a veeeery brief and basic trainging wich is only enough to keep the production going. I'm sure it will help as soon as I figure out what all this means Biesse help files are of NO USe whatsoever

Hi, I'll send you some more info (with pictures) later, where are you?
    Can you PM an e-mail address to me?

Hi, just got back from work. Today I tried finding those settings you mentioned, all in vain, there are none or I'm just too blind to find them. Biesse Editor really lack in choices and possibility to personalize settings, there are a few tickboxes and that's it. Truth is I have very limited time to fiddle around with settings, since production has to flow (today I made 160 square meters of shelfs and doors, that machinery keeps me very busy). Miz, thank for your willingness to help, I tried PM-ing you, but it seems you are not accepting PM-s.
    "miz has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
    To answer your question: I am located in eastern europe (but I used to live in the UK before for a couple of years)

Hi,

Are you using BiesseWorks or the older Blue Editor?

I think your machine should have BiesseWorks, but maybe you are using 3rd party software in the office and so use the blue editor on the machine.

If you are using BiesseWorks, what version is it?

Miz.

Hi, Miz, I'm almost sure it's Biesse Works, i will check the version today at work and will come back with an answer around midnight Budapest time (gmt+2). It's a relatively new machine, bought this spring.
    I still could not reply to your PM, got the same error

OK, I've asked the forum help to look at my PM settings.
    Do you create the programs and nests at the machine or in the office?

Hi, MIz. Let us take it in order. The version your requested is Biesse Works editor 3.4.22.2192. They make the pre-optimization in the office, using the same software, (basicly that is just for the purpose for them to see how many panels and sq.meters we'll have), I get a .txt wich I import and generate the nesting on the machine again. So we can say that I am doing the optimization on the machine, yes. But as I said, both are using the same software (the office tehnician is using some other software from wich he gets out the orders and groups them, some sort of SAP and order/invoice software, but that has nothing to do with out problem). Programs are created in the office. I upload some photos I made today for you to see how few my options are at nesting settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20171020_002.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Miz View Post
    OK, I've asked the forum help to look at my PM settings.
    I think I succeded in answering to your PM finally

About the waste management I wrote you, this is the drawing I made
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails biesse_spoilage management.jpg  

Hi, I've sent you some information.

On the machine you need to make sure that the milling depths are only just into the spoilboard (normally 0.2mm) the spoilboard needs to be from MDF with a specification of 750Kg/M3 to improve vacuum.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your information, MIz, you have no ideea how much I appreciate it, I wrote you back.