584,802 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LY-usb100 parallel adapter

Hi,
    Can anyone point me to the correct Mach3 plugin for the LY-USB100 parallel port to usb chinese adapter?
    Cheers

Re: LY-usb100 parallel adapter

Finally I managed to extract the required files from the seller. As yet they are untried but here is the link if anyone is interested. http://app.oatos.com/os/share.html?lc=ehhy4d

Just spent the afternoon getting some sense from the LY-USB 100 adapter. I'm using it on an XP computer that constantly had trouble running a cnc router through the parallel port with Mach3. Every other day the settings changed to Mach3 for no good reason I could find, and I found this happening in total disbelief. I actually thought it was the owner of the XP computer until I had it happen to me. Anyway I uninstalled and installed Mach3 again and then the plugins and usb drivers for the XP adapter. Easy when you figure it out, with little information! After some tense moments I have the router running smoothly and touch wood no problems. This will be checked again and again to make sure it is stable. The instructions suggest it just replaces the parallel port and still uses the Mach3 ports and pins settings. Partly true, the not so true is that all the axis directions had to be changed as did the motor tuning settings for Step pulse and Dir pulse. I have rampt up the axis speeds and also noticed no momentary pauses between each line of code when operating. The curious thing is the outputs close when the reset button is activated. In a round about way this is not a problem as I have never been given these setting from the original router supplier. It would be nice to have these settings as the "black box" is wired for spindle, limits and probe all under Mach3 control. For now it works despite my scepticism. It also appears that it may be used with win10 computers with some changes to the computer settings, Time will tell if this is true.

Every other day the settings changed to Mach3 for no good reason I could find
    The usual reason for this is the pirated Mach3 license that come with most chinese machines.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I believe it was the software that came with the router. I'll let him know to legalise his software. Thank you. It now makes me wonder if the software that came with the LY adapter will also have problems. I was wondering why they included a fake copy of Mach3 though. Once I got it running I reinstalled my own software, so I may have unwittingly cured a potential problem.

Did some more work on this adapter. Previous mach3 problems are not a result of Chinese flopped software as originally thought. This LY adapter works fine for axial movement (4 axis machine ) and transfers the code instructions to the controller smooth and faster, which may well be one in the same thing. It will not run with soft limits switched on, it goes back into reset. It also continues to run the router when in offline mode. With my basic machine functions none of this is a problem. It gives me an emergency back-up system when the old XP parallel port computer decides it has had enough.

You probably bought this on ebay or something like that. All those chineese motion controllers do not use the I/Os in real time, they are just doing the basic motion. So you cannot use homes, probe, etc... There are also many that use the name UC100, but are just a knockoffs. The only low cost motion controllers for Mach3/4 that really work are the UC100 and the PoKeys57:

https://cnc4pc.com/uc100-usb-motion-controller.html

https://cnc4pc.com/pokeys57cncdb25-m...mach4-978.html

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

I bought it knowing the potential to be a knockoff, so no surprises there. For the nominal cost it was worth the price to find out if it would work. The potential doesn't match the claims but it does get around the parallel port issue for me and gives me breathing time until the V2 DDCSV 1.1 is released and tested. I would have bought it knowing it only worked the axis, that's the minimum I required for the moment anyway. I'm just great full the price was way below some of the listed prices I have seen.

I found that only the 4 axis work through the Chinese LY-usb100 USb adapter. But as that is all I have available with my router until I build up another controller it works fine for me. The zipped file is 28MB and can not be up loaded through CNCZone I will see if I can find the source again.

I have had a look at the original file location and found it has been taken down.
    The zip file is too big to be uploaded and when unzipped the contents do not have the file type for CNCZone to be uploaded. So unless anyone has any ideas that is as far as I can go.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper13 View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone point me to the correct Mach3 plugin for the LY-USB100 parallel port to usb chinese adapter?
    Cheers
    I'm looking for the mach3 plugin too. Anyone got it?

I have revisited the LY-USB100 parallel adapter and found it is supposed to be usable with Win XP through to Win 10. I have it set up with XP and seems to work better with my current BOB than my original BOB. I'll have to find a file sharing facility that I can upload the rar file to then you can pm me and I can send the details for you to download the file. As I understand it you have a limited time in which to do the download. I'll let you know if I sort somthing.