584,849 active members*
4,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach 3 - "Software Limits" Can't turn off Soft Limits

Mach 3 - "Software Limits" Can't turn off Soft Limits

Background: I'm trying to restore a fairly old (circa 2008) Tormach PCNC 1100 running the Mach CNC 3 Control Software version R3.042.029 on Windows XP. I recently moved the machine to a new home upon first boot up I was able to run the spindle from the software alright, then attempted to reference all the axes, the Z homed, X homed (currently sitting on the home switch), but the Y direction started to make a grinding noise so I hit the emergency stop and looked at the software. Now it is saying "Software limits!" and won't let me reset or jog at all to back off the limit switch. On the Diagnostics tab in the inputs section the Y Limit and Home square is yellow while the X and the Z Limit and Home are grayed out. I've tried researching this issue and have found there might be a soft limits button that we should've turned off before referencing the axes.

Question: I can't find this soft limits button. I've seen on other posts that I should go to Config > Homing/Limits > Soft Limits. But I do not have a Homing/Limits option in Config. I have attached 2 screenshots, one of me hovering over the Config to show I do not have a homing/limits section, the second is of the diagnostics tab, and the third is of the the settings tab. If anyone could share some insight it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Mach 3 - "Software Limits" Can't turn off Soft Limits

Try the Comp Run page/button?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Mach 3 - "Software Limits" Can't turn off Soft Limits

This is the view from the Computer Run page, although none of the buttons on this page look like a soft limits switch.