585,712 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3T control locked up

Bought a Mori Seiki SL-3A. Fanuc 3T control.

Saw it run just fine before purchased. After shipping, it was on a X limit switch. Powered up with servo alarm, normal. Rotated ball screw by hand, got it off the switch, no more alarm, all is well.

Got an over travel alarm when trying to home X. Normal, no big deal. Everything else works perfectly well. Was looking online for what parameter it was, and read a post where someone said "hold down - and . under power up and you will get a menu that allows you to bypass the travels and home it" ...

Being lazy, I did this. Should have just changed the parameter.... but I didn't. After powering on holding - and . , the screen was a jumbled, giant mess. Bunch of white static looking stuff. FAPT side worked fine, NC side nothing. Power off, power on. Screen is okay, and got a 101 alarm. Manual said hold del and reset to clear it. So I did this. (Parameter write switch off)

Power back up, and FAPT side works fine, NC side just says "not ready" , but , I cannot change screens. I want to see what the parameters and stuff look like, but when I press ANY button on the NC side, the screen does not change. It acts like it is frozen. I can go back to FAPT and all of this works, but nothing on NC side works at all. If I press NC it goes to the main screen that days D06 - 01 or something , and below that a solid NOT READY.

Already did enough stupid stuff to screw this up, before I initialize the memory and wipe everything (my last idea), wanted to see what anyone had to say.

The main board has 3 LED's on it. 1 green, 1 red, and another red watch dog. All 3 LED's are lit.
    No alarms.

Thank you all for your time and advice and help. I don't post on here really at all, but I do read a lot. Never holding a button down while powering on... ever... again...

Re: Fanuc 3T control locked up

Just wanted to let anyone know who reads this, I initialized the memory and the issue went away. Close call..

Quote Originally Posted by Galen841 View Post
    Just wanted to let anyone know who reads this, I initialized the memory and the issue went away. Close call..
    What is the procedure for initializing fanuc 3t, please?