584,865 active members*
4,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > TT1800SY Doosan load monitor table zeroing when machine is powered down for the night

TT1800SY Doosan load monitor table zeroing when machine is powered down for the night

Has anyone had their tool load monitoring table zero when they power down the machine for the night?

We called Fanuc and they claimed that was not a battery related issue, because the program memory and tool coordinates would have then been lost also. They said Doosan tool load monitoring was not a fanuc product so we would have to talk to Doosan. We called Doosan, they said they didn't know and told us to try Ellison. We've made initial contact with a couple field guys who were not sure what would cause that and we've put in a service request. For now, our lead guy is going to be setting up load monitoring every morning, and inputting manually all tool load monitoring edits. That of course is a waste of time and money. Production up time is going to take a hit.

Re: TT1800SY Doosan load monitor table zeroing when machine is powered down for the n

Actually, you spoke with an Applications Engineer, not a Service Technician.

I'm teaching a class this week, so my availability is limited.

Per Michael An, Doosan's Employee who probably knows more about Fanuc, than Fanuc does: Please send the back-up data (files) from your machine, and a picture of the tool management screen prior to powering down, as well as a picture after powering up.

You can send them to me, and I will forward them to Michael An. My email is [email protected]
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Re: TT1800SY Doosan load monitor table zeroing when machine is powered down for the n

So once you have tool load monitoring setup correctly, take a backup and save as a program, then in the morning you just need to run the program to fill the tool load monitoring data instead of hand typing it.

The TLM should NOT disappear on power down. The data should remain in the table until overwritten or initialized back to zero.
    When in operation, doe the TLM work properly?

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasR View Post
    The TLM should NOT disappear on power down. The data should remain in the table until overwritten or initialized back to zero.
    Doug, Michael An is working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by onewheel15 View Post
    So once you have tool load monitoring setup correctly, take a backup and save as a program, then in the morning you just need to run the program to fill the tool load monitoring data instead of hand typing it.
    We figured this out and are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasR View Post
    It works properly in operation, but does dissapear when powered down. Also tool life is zeroed when a monitor kicks wear or break. That I believe is std operation, but we would prefer to keep tool life minutes in the table if possible. We run the monitors close and occaisionally a faulty alarm occurs. When that happens it is good to have tool life to see a value and modify life or continue to track tool life after an adjustment to the load monitor on that tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    Doug, Michael An is working on this.
    This problem became more complicated. A Tool load monitoring wear or break value will optional stop the lower path, and that will freeze the other path in cut with the spindle on. Eppinger is rating live tools for 3 minute duty cycles so aside from down time, there is an opportunity for that to harm live tools. That problem requires the operator to hear the machine running and understand the machine is not running, and stop the machine, walk tools out of the cut (a dangerous condition if a human error happens). We want to allow both paths to run to Optional stop in that condition, or to allow the other path to run through to the next wait code.

Also Tool life minutes or count trips to expired so the tracking of tool insert life is lost when the machine hits a wear or break value (and a lot of these are false alarms until the TLM is totally tweaked and settup - a process that appears to take about a week of production or more. Tools even monitor the spindle on the other side of the machine that they are not interacting with. We have had tools warn or break on an opposing (out of cut) spindle for that path. We wish to dissassociate TLM and TLF, but the Doosan machine is not settup like the Fanuc control it uses, so the answer to that question is not a Fanuc answer it is a Doosan answer.

One day the custom button to visit or leave the TLM settup page was hit and the Doosan software blacked out the control with the machine running. We had to hit optional stop, power the machine down, and restart to get the control screen to re-appear.

Our ellison support wanted to install a new version of Doosan Tool Load Monitoring to see if that would resolve the deleting of the table. We asked Doosan if that would solve the freezing the opposing path problem or the TLM/TLF communication problem and they responded that those would probably be ladder modifications. So we communicated our desire to fix those problems to Michael An and to Doosan and Ellison, understanding that Ellison would need to visit to install a ladder change and might as well update the software at that time.

I don't know where this problem has gone, but it has not been solved and we haven't gotten an update. We requested one from Ellison and received no reply. I talked to an Ellison sales person and was told that application guy was very busy in the field, so I understand he's busy, but I don't really understand why these problems exist in the machine product in the first place. These issues impact efficiency of operation for end user, they cost money in lost tool life, and they cost money in lost startup time or lost load monitoring process optimization time when the control blacks out and the machine control needs a re-boot and can't remember the days work.

I have not been able to login, so I might be still catching up on this. I'd rather ask than let it slip through the cracks, though...

I just checked with Michael An. He states that he sent an updated ladder last week and this is resolved.

I like making certain that all my I's are crossed and T's are dotted, so I ask of Green0: Is this fully resolved or are there still issues?
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479