584,805 active members*
5,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Emco Turn 55 - CamConcept Error - 6014 No Main Spindle Speed

Emco Turn 55 - CamConcept Error - 6014 No Main Spindle Speed

Dear all

I am new to using the PC Turn 55 running Camconcept software connected via Ethernet.

I have not been able to get the spindle to spin up. I do not know what I am doing wrong in inputting spindle speed. When I attempted to run a program, the lathe turret will rotate to the correct tool and move itself into position and then I can hear a soft high pitch sound from the lathe followed by this message "Turning Cycle 6014 No main spindle speed".

I have input the spindle speed for roughing and finishing in the tools section. Am i missing something?

The Emco Camconcept user manual is the absolute worse manual I have ever come across. it does not explain anything!

Please help. I cannot get the spindle to spin.

Thanks
    frank

Re: Emco Turn 55 - CamConcept Error - 6014 No Main Spindle Speed

Can you get the spindle to run at all? It seems to me the control is expecting the spindle to start and is not getting spindle speed response. If you are hearing noise when the spindle should be starting this may indicate a spindle drive or motor problem.

Try M3 S1000 in MDI to see if the spindle starts.

Re: Emco Turn 55 - CamConcept Error - 6014 No Main Spindle Speed

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry for the delayed reply. I finally figured out how to work the software and entered the code M3 S1000. The machine will try to execute it and there is a high pitch whine that last for maybe 1-2 seconds or so and then the error message pops up.

I took out the back panel to check on the Lenze 8200 Inverter Drive. When I switch on the PC Turn, immediately the Lenze Inverter Green LED started blinking. I downloaded Lenze manual and it said that it could be "Motor parameter identification being executed" or it could be "Controller Inhibited". I am not sure what either of that means. I assume the parameter refers to reentering the Turn Spindle motor parameters into the Lenze. The Lathe had been sitting unused for 5 years? So perhaps the memory of the spindle motor was lost?