585,670 active members*
4,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Problem with 8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable

Problem with 8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable

I hope somebody can help me with the following problem. I have just received an “8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable with touch trigger” from Tormach for my 770 mill.. When I follow the procedure 6.6.1.1 on page 69, I do not get the “Zero Height Gauge Z” button on the “Offsets” tab. I have tried the USB ports at the front as well as at the back of the PathPilot controller. Do you perhaps a solution for me?

Re: Problem with 8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable

I don’t believe the tool setter software has been updated by tormach in three years. I use to use it but then the software stopped being compatible.
    It sound like you might have a faulty gauge

Quote Originally Posted by ockert View Post
    I hope somebody can help me with the following problem. I have just received an “8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable with touch trigger” from Tormach for my 770 mill.. When I follow the procedure 6.6.1.1 on page 69, I do not get the “Zero Height Gauge Z” button on the “Offsets” tab. I have tried the USB ports at the front as well as at the back of the PathPilot controller. Do you perhaps a solution for me?
    Never tried this method because I enter the values with a keyboard. I have the usb height gauge but found it easy and reliable to just to enter the values in and not mess with connection issues.

Edit: I might try this for fun, didnt like how this worked with mach never tried it with PP

I recall this being a problem when I first set mine up as well. There are many cases where the manual hasn't been updated for software changes. All I do, and it doesn't matter which USB port you use, is highlight the tool in the offsets table and press transfer. It's not much of a time-saver, but it does prevent typos.

Problem with 8" Digital Height Gauge with the USB interface cable

You can download the pc app for Mach off the Tormach site and try it in your laptop to verify the height gauge is working. Once you know the gauge is good in pp you go to the offset page plug it in and then zero button will appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro