585,712 active members*
3,883 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Avenger 250t help needed with boot up

Avenger 250t help needed with boot up

We purchased a 250t and had it running and could scroll through the offsets and options but had a sticky m key so we switched out the controller and keyboard now it boots untill it says " HOST CONTROL INITIALIZING " and that is as far as it goes! we even tried reinstalling the old control panel, looking into the back there are six cards but only the first 3 have the green led lights lite the motor led starts out yellow but turns red and the PCA led stays red. I pulled the cards sprayed with contact cleaner and replaced them but no change. This is our first cnc so were not sure where to begin the toggle switches are 1 right 2,3,4 left which seems strange you'd think they would all one way or another what do they control?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cont assem.jpg   Panel2.jpg   Panel 1.jpg  

Re: Avenger 250t help needed with boot up

The red light for the PCA is the fault. Look in the control reference manual for trouble shooting with the lights. I think you should have a green light on the I/O card cage for the power supply behind the left hand cover.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    The red light for the PCA is the fault. Look in the control reference manual for trouble shooting with the lights. I think you should have a green light on the I/O card cage for the power supply behind the left hand cover.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Ok thanks for answering I'll have another look in the books my Son told me today he took 2 books home probably the one I need because thats how it works!