585,556 active members*
3,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi Seiki TF20 Help ! ! Please

Hitachi Seiki TF20 Help ! ! Please

Hi , this is my first post on this site so i apologise if it is a bit long winded.

C.N.C machining is relatively new to me , i have only got 4 ish years or experience and only 3 on this machine. All three without problem . Until now...

Could any of you guys please help me with a hitachi seiki lathe type TF20 with Fanuc series 21-T controls ? The problem started when a part came free from the chuck whilst being machined. This has happened numerous times , all without serious consequence . This time however , after hitting the emergency stop button , i noticed a torque alarm , i didnt note the number as it cleared too quickly! I then moved the turret clear of the jaws and tried to zero return the machine as usual , but at the end of the Z return cycle , it stops and shows

506 over travel +X

It does the X axis first as normal without problem , but near the end of the Z cycle the alarm triggers , showing an overtravel on X. Strange?
    506 is the hardware overtravel , but the limit switch is not hit by the dog.
    Also there is an external alarm , 1005 , for which there is no reference in the alarm list in fanucs manual , and i do not have the maintenance volume of the seiki literature.

I have tried to remedy this by the P and cancel buttons on power up , but this does not work , nor does adjusting the x or z axis with the 1850 grid shift parameter , the machine just halts at the end of z zero.

Should i be able to set the reference point by software or is it necessary to adjust the ball screw ( a procedure i know next to nothing about!)

Thanks in advice people , any help would be , well , really helpfull !!
    Great site by the way.
    Cheers

The Hitachi Seiki I ran had a clutch that would pop out in case of a crash. It is really easy to pop back in place once you know where it is at. There is one on both the x and z axis. If you are unfamiliar with the clutch and need help locating it let me know.
    Good Luck

I managed to sort the overtravel out ! ! At last. I used the grid shift page , but this time , contrary to what the manual says , I powered down immediately after changing the value . Previously I was inputting a value , disabling the parameter write enable , then powering down then back up. Anyhow its back up and running now , with only a few minor changes to the offsets to be made.

hello,

I am having Hitachi Seiki TF20 with FANUC 21T controller similar machine now I lost PMC parameters,

If you send me the PMC parameter it will be great help to me.

I tried with MTB but I found poor response from them.

Please help me,

thanks

HITACHI SEIKI TF20 FANUC 21T PARAMETERS

Here is the parameters for your Hitachi Seiki TF20 with FANUC 21T.

NOW, We have the same Hitachi Seiki TF20 with FANUC 21T control and WE NEED THE LADDER BACKUP FILE, because we have ROM Initialize troubles and we can not start the lathe.

I just attached the 4 files we have but we need the LADDER file.

It seems like must be 5 files for this backup, 21nc, 21off, 21pmc, 21pro but our technician says LADDER FILE IS MISSING. HEEEEELP US PLEASE...!!!

ITACHI CNC TF20

I dear sir, please can you help on a backup of parameter´s?

please we need a copy of parameter´s and pmc parameters.

besr regards in advance
    please use my direct e-mail

[email protected]

Hi,

were you able to solve this issue?

We are dealing exactly with the same issue.

What is the issue you are having, I can probably help.

John

Re: Hitachi Seiki TF20 Help ! ! Please

Hello,
    We have a similar problem with our Hitachi Seiki TF20 Lathe . We had battery problem with POWERMATE and we don’t hava a backup of Power Mate also. Now we are trying to find a backup of Powermate from the same machine. Can anyone help me about that?

We have a similar problem with our Hitachi Seiki TF20 Lathe . We had battery problem with POWERMATE and we don’t hava a backup of Power Mate also. Now we are trying to find a backup of Powermate from the same machine. Can you help me about that? please e-mail [email protected]

Hello
    I will send you an email

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
    I also have a problem with this machine. The 6V battery was bad. Data loss. The memory card does not work. Can you help me?

Thank you
    Marian

Hello
    Send me a message with your email and I will assist you!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Marvi View Post
    Hello,
    I also have a problem with this machine. The 6V battery was bad. Data loss. The memory card does not work. Can you help me?

Thank you
    Marian

Hi John (shas595), could you send me the backup data for the SEIKI TF20 machine. [email protected]