585,727 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torq Cut 22 DX32 Floppy disk to USB

Since I dont have a floppy drive in any of my computers I decided it was cheaper and easier to ditch the disks and use one of my thumb drives for transferring gcode. I picked up my Gotek emulator from Amazon prime for $30 but you can find them on ebay in the US for $20-25 shipped. Mine is labeled as a Gotek but I am sure just about all of them work well for this application.

Video showing install and the emulator in action on a DX32 machine. Note: these two videos are not mine I am just referencing them to hopefully save the next guy some time.
    https://youtu.be/I7qs4r3Sg5Q

This video documents exactly how to format your USB into one hundred 1.44mb partitions. You can actually hold down both buttons and adjust the partition up to 999 but I have not tested it myself beyond 0 - 99.
    https://youtu.be/taFP1J_lZBI

I suggest leaving the jumper as is on S1 or you can try S0 if your machine fails to recognize the device at bios boot. So far mine is working great for me and switching between partitions is as easy as the push of a button and re-entering the A: drive assuming your jumper ends up being default. I plan to have two thumb drives both with partitions dedicated to backing up my machines configurationnand storing copies of DOS and DX32.

Re: Torq Cut 22 DX32 Floppy disk to USB

ipcas - USB Floppy Emulator V2

Link to the software needed for partitioning, reading and writing files to your thumb drive. The site was down when I first setup the emulator so if you have trouble accessing it let me know so I can post the v1.40i zip file.

Quote Originally Posted by hax0red View Post
    Since I dont have a floppy drive in any of my computers I decided it was cheaper and easier to ditch the disks and use one of my thumb drives for transferring gcode. I picked up my Gotek emulator from Amazon prime for $30 but you can find them on ebay in the US for $20-25 shipped. Mine is labeled as a Gotek but I am sure just about all of them work well for this application.

Video showing install and the emulator in action on a DX32 machine. Note: these two videos are not mine I am just referencing them to hopefully save the next guy some time.
    https://youtu.be/I7qs4r3Sg5Q

This video documents exactly how to format your USB into one hundred 1.44mb partitions. You can actually hold down both buttons and adjust the partition up to 999 but I have not tested it myself beyond 0 - 99.
    https://youtu.be/taFP1J_lZBI

I suggest leaving the jumper as is on S1 or you can try S0 if your machine fails to recognize the device at bios boot. So far mine is working great for me and switching between partitions is as easy as the push of a button and re-entering the A: drive assuming your jumper ends up being default. I plan to have two thumb drives both with partitions dedicated to backing up my machines configurationnand storing copies of DOS and DX32.
    Excellent work in doing this conversion
    Mactec54

Has anyone got one of these working lately? I've tried several jumper positions on the one I bought (FAT32 Drive Emulator, SFR1M44-U100), and I get the same "Seek Error Reading Drive A" error. If you have one working can you provide the model # you're using and the jumper settings?

thanks,

Jim

jdub63 Did you ever get it going?

No, I ended up ditching the entire control system. I’m converting it to a centroid oak controller Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B5169ED-AD71-4747-9574-9793101FA65F.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	481444