584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bijur oiler motor replacement

So, as long as I have owned my Torq-cut 22 the auto oiler never worked. I am getting tired of walking to the side of the machine every few minutes to pull the plunger up so my ballscrews and such don't run dry. I traced it to the little gear motor in the oilier... anyone know a good place to get one? I did find one or two places online that had them for $135 but that seems a bit excessive for a little motor and a gearbox.

maybe I am dreaming.... Gromax has a complete replacement unit (the whole thing, not just the motor) for $160....

I thought I'd check in before I break down and and forked out the dough. the part number on the motor is 24278-1 and it's made by Saia.

Richard

Re: Bijur oiler motor replacement

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    So, as long as I have owned my Torq-cut 22 the auto oiler never worked. I am getting tired of walking to the side of the machine every few minutes to pull the plunger up so my ballscrews and such don't run dry. I traced it to the little gear motor in the oilier... anyone know a good place to get one? I did find one or two places online that had them for $135 but that seems a bit excessive for a little motor and a gearbox.

maybe I am dreaming.... Gromax has a complete replacement unit (the whole thing, not just the motor) for $160....

I thought I'd check in before I break down and and forked out the dough. the part number on the motor is 24278-1 and it's made by Saia.

Richard
    Bringing up this old thread to ask a question.... On my machine I can't get the oiler to manual pump by moving anything... In other words I can't find a plunger , like on my old bridgeports... Do all the oilers have a manual plunger?

on mine the adjustable plunger is on the right side of the oiler. I assumed all had this for adjusting the shot size. I also have a pressure gauge mounted to the column just above it.

Richard

Mine also has the gauge mounted on the machine and the red pointer does show it sends a shot every once and awhile. What I assume to be the plunger is mounted on the right side of the tank. I'm used to the old oilers with the metal plunger that you could pull straight up to send a shot, this one will not allow me to pull up and all the knob on top of the plunger does is move a little...

How does yours move?

You should be able to pull the knob up and it should clear the round coller with the oval hole in it. that way you can rotate the knob to increase or decrease the shot size.

Richard

Thank you very much!